Windscreens

A

Anonymous

Is there any differences between Gti-r windscreens and their lower spec cousins?

There's a Pulsar I'm looking at buying - but the windscreen's got a crack (which the current owner's insurance company are sorting out before I part with any lolly). The windscreen guys have been out twice to try and replace it - but they've had to leave it both times because they hadn't got the right screen with them. Are they just stupid or is there something special about Gti-r glass?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
hobbes said:
Is there any differences between Gti-r windscreens and their lower spec cousins?

There's a Pulsar I'm looking at buying - but the windscreen's got a crack (which the current owner's insurance company are sorting out before I part with any lolly). The windscreen guys have been out twice to try and replace it - but they've had to leave it both times because they hadn't got the right screen with them. Are they just stupid or is there something special about Gti-r glass?
Nissan Pulsar GTiR Windscreen - £800
Nissan Sunny GTiR Windscreen - £120

Difference... NONE!...

Nissan Sunny Windscreen - £120
Has a slightly different tint so I'm told...

Rishi

A

Anonymous

Cheers!

Well as the rest of the glass has a privacy tint on it I'm guessing that the windscreen guys must just be @rsing about.

A

Anonymous

turblio said:
most original screens on jap R's had a top tint
Yeah, this one does actually. Maybe I've been a littly hasty in scorning the fitters. Maybe they're perfectionists :?

mattygti-r

a normally sunny 1.4 will fit, i nkow cos ive had to repalce mine

cost £120

if the insurance are sorting out the glass then get the true import one if it dont cost you anything

that screen will have to be from Nissan and most likely be shipped from japan

the normal GTIR glass (from japan) has a slight blue tint to it and a top tint,

the uk GTIR one does not, also the normally sunny 1.4 will not either

there is no differnece in the screen just the top tint

Sonnygtir

Pulsars I've noticed have slight bronze tint to them, the uk ones have a blue tint. As someone said, if the insurance are sorting it out get the proper uk one. The difference between the two tints are barely noticeable until you see a car fitted with the two types :)

J

JamesB

iirc the uk glass is slightly thicker than jap glass - makes no diff thou.

When ordering new glass from nissan in oz i got quoted $200 AUS for one. I gave him my chassis no when ordering some other parts - he double-checked my windscreen order an found that mine was ment to be different (apparently to do with the mounting of the rear view mirror somehow???)
The correct glass for my car would cost a cool $1050 AUS :shock:

I took a risk and got the cheaper one - no difference whatsoever. Execpt the top rubber strip shrank when taken of the original glass leaving it 1.5" too short! Oh well, its in now.