Windows wont go up or down

S

Stoned

For unknown reasons the Windows have suddenly decided to stop going up and down. I checked the fuses, all are fine

They were working the other day!

Any ideas?
I tried pulling the control module on the drivers side and reconnecting incase the connection was at fault

:?

Simmo

I had the same thing happen mate, it ended up being a faulty connection on one of the wires in the central console!

It happened when it took my car in to have the solanoid for the remote central locking replaced, they nicked a wire somewhere during the job.

I'll try and find out exactly which wire it was for you mate.

S

Stoned

OK cheers mate.

If the drivers side module was faulty, would that stop the passenger side switch from being able to raise and lower the windows?

I ask because i've been unable to raise the passenger window from the drivers side for a while now. Maybe the unit has died altogether?

CruiseGTi-R

Stoned said:
OK cheers mate.

If the drivers side module was faulty, would that stop the passenger side switch from being able to raise and lower the windows?

I ask because i've been unable to raise the passenger window from the drivers side for a while now. Maybe the unit has died altogether?
If you disconnect the drivers side window switch unit the passenger side will stop working, so they are related. You might have a bugared switch??

Don't ask me for a switch, I haven't had working windows for three weeks. A right pain at drive thru's :D

S

Stoned

Yeah I think your right dude, I checked the wires when I got home and it certainly has power so the switch must have died a death :?