Wind noise near middle of front windows

G

gav

:evil: My GTIR has a VERY annoying wind noise as you drive along coming from the font of the windows but doesnt leak any water in. Is there anyway to stop this.

J

jaigtir

Its a problem with the doors i think matey. The hinges start to drop after a while so the door doesnt shut properly, and vibrates at high speed.
Not much you can do :?

G

GTiRich

Take ya wind deflectors off aswell. They dont really help with the noise!!!

A

andy n

wind your windows down and bend the top of the door slightly. sorted.

A

Az

Have the same problem :( Drivers side door has dropped quite a lot. Only get drafty noise above about 60mph. Frickin does my head in though :lol: (I've tried bending the door frame but it's hard to bend it about 5cm :lol: :oops: :lol:

I'm saving some pennies to get a new hinge and door catch. Should fix it.

boucherie

what ive found that works a little bit is to get some black sealant and run a thin bead down the channel on the door seal that is attached to the body. By doing this you are making the seal slightly thicker which drastically reduces the wind noise at 60mph, but you still get the occasional bit of noise at slightly higher speeds. If any of you are confused, send me an email and i will try to send you a pic showing what i have done (providing it stops raining!!)