roughly how much did it cost
how do they perform
what features do they have

i have searched but i want first hand knowledge from the horses mouth
cheers folks

p.s
especially curious about gems

c20ona

I found my 'JAM Racing' ECU was the titties. Was a simple plug and play and made my car drive / perform so much better.
Had an emissions test done at the start of the year and was told i was UNDER the required level (15yr old car - no cat etc !).
Sold it and bought an APEXI Power FC but starting to have doubts now. :cry:

Kenny

N

Ninj-r

which ones have you got - Apexi
who mapped them - TJ
roughly how much did it cost about 1,450 all in (ecu & most of the day on the RR)
how do they perform - No probs
what features do they have - Don't know.....makes it fast?

B

Beetlejuice

which ones have you got - Apexi Power FC Pro

who mapped them - Hiteq Performance

roughly how much did it cost - Unit plus commander £675 plus delivery from Japan. Mapping Charge - Not sure it was put in with the labour costs.

how do they perform - Seems to be fine. No prob's as of yet

what features do they have - Launch control ( :twisted: :twisted: :wink: ) and also the monitor feature on the commander is very good plus has peak hold.

O

Odin

which ones have you got : Motec M48 pro

who mapped them : powerstation & wallace performance

roughly how much did it cost : £2700 fully fitted and mapped

how do they perform : Very well I gained 50lb's of torque and 70 bhp over standard ecu. Also the car is very smooth to drive off boost as well.

what features do they have : launch control/anti lag/ traction control/data logging/wide band lambda control and many more that I would never use :shock: :lol: .

rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
kirko said:
especially curious about gems

GEMS for an EVO... Fine..

But the GEMS for the GTiR hasn't been updated in 14years...

Me...

ECU:- Power FC PRO & Commander

Cost:- £600 from Japan

Mapping:- £350

Features:- LOTS... Although Launch Control is a favourite of mine... :twisted:

Rishi

M

macphegf

Would I be right in saying that if you get an Apexi Power FC & Commmander you also need an Apexi AVC-R (or similar) for boost control? :?

Cheers

B

Beetlejuice

macphegf said:
Would I be right in saying that if you get an Apexi Power FC & Commmander you also need an Apexi AVC-R (or similar) for boost control? :?

Cheers
No, its possible to get a boost control module and run it through the power fc.

This is not recommended as it is very fiddly to change the settings.

For example with a another boost controller you can change the channels for different settings. Where as with the power fc you have to change the settings rather than the channel.

M

macphegf

Beetlejuice said:
No, its possible to get a boost control module and run it through the power fc.

This is not recommended as it is very fiddly to change the settings.

For example with a another boost controller you can change the channels for different settings. Where as with the power fc you have to change the settings rather than the channel.
Ok, so does that mean that the power fc does the boost controlling for you then? Sorry to ask stupid questions, but I don't know much about this and don't find the product descriptions I can find that clear :oops: !

cheers mate

c20ona

Mr Gtir, Sorry mate. Just starting to get to grips with the little bugger now. Only having probs cos the base map is for a fairly standard car. Mines has a 'couple' of mods done so really needs properly mapped. So keeping her for now. If i have doubts again though, you'll have a PM. :wink: :D

Kenny