Which Spec GT3071R?

billy187

Im going to be ordering my new turbo in the morning, i was going to just give the code of my old turbo and ask for the exact same one again but is there any particular spec i should consider?

Trip

The GT3071R-WG with 0.86A/R and 2.75 Inch compressor Inlet is the most common turbo in here.

the 0.64A/R suffers from surge. while the 4" compressor inlet makes it a bitch to fit.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The GT3071R-WG with 0.86A/R and 2.75 Inch compressor Inlet is the most common turbo in here.

the 0.64A/R suffers from surge. while the 4" compressor inlet makes it a bitch to fit.
agreed...........

unless you fancy a bit of DIY.......as personally I think that for the road the 0.64A/R is a better option but as said in it's standard form it does suffer from a little surge and reversion because the wastegate is that much smaller than the .86 version. The way round that is to port out the wastegate. While it will not increase the power made by the engine, it will give you finer control over your boost level and I think make it a better turbo than the .86.

There are few of articles on wastegate porting on the interweb

p.s. just to add, porting the internal gate on the .86 version would also be a good mod and help gain more control of your boost :-D