What Turbo

G

gtirron

Hello
I am after a new turbo for my r, i have given up the quest for big power, i now want a quick spooling turbo for usable power. i have standard internals, with avrc, afc2, helix clutch, uprated fuel pump, front mount running 1 bar, really i would like to run 1.2 but scared my engine will go bang.
so what turbo would you guys recommend,
p.s. the cheaper the better
thanks
Ronnie

M

Mr Overboooost

just get your standard turbo reworked with a 360 thrust bearing which will be ok for 1.2 bar thats if you dont want to go above 350 brake ish.

your engine shouldnt go bang if your fueling is spot on and it is mapped at 1.2 bar

cheers
gary

A

Anonymous

gtir.spares said:
just get your standard turbo reworked with a 360 thrust bearing which will be ok for 1.2 bar thats if you dont want to go above 350 brake ish.
i`d agree with gary on this.iirc nd were turning these turbo`s out for approx £500 but don`t quote me on that :wink:

with the uprated turbo,you could even up the boost a little bit more so long as the fuelling gets a bit of tweaking :wink:

O

one Gti-R

I have been looking into turbos lately and I have been looking at the HKS 2530 and the GT28RS turbos should also suit your application.

they are a little expensive but having said that a turbo isn't something you want to skimp out on.

G

gtirron

cheers for the advice i think i will go for the thrust bearing option.
Ronnie