What Turbo

T

Triple-R

Dam youre good. :D

i finally know what turbo i have.

Is this turbo any good?

zia

:D is this turbo good? thats an understatment!!. you lucky devil
a few question what boost are you running? what rpm does it reach full boost? and do you want sell it? :p

zia

T

Triple-R

zia said:
:D is this turbo good? thats an understatment!!. you lucky devil
a few question what boost are you running? what rpm does it reach full boost? and do you want sell it? :p

zia
hi, sorry about not posting in one go. I am running, 0.65 bar atm, but i swear the car is not any faster when its at 1 bar. It cuts in straight away, and pulls hard all the way to max revs. I cant sell it as i dont have a turbo to replace it with.

cmng

i heard this turbo need to boosted 1.5 bar on SR20DET block to achieve it full potential.

that why it not popular upgrade on SR20DET even at Japan itself

T

Triple-R

Ok i will turn the boost up then :D But my boost controller only goes to 1.4
I have seen one other GTIR with this turbo, and thats the purple one with the strange vented front bonnet, so i think they cant be that bad on the pulsar.

Also my car drives very well even on 0.65 bar.

zia

i was only joking about selling it. have you done any other mods to get best out of this turbo, can your engine withstand 1.4 bar? what power are you running at the mo? are you sure it,s normally you can tell by the plate on the side and the outlet pipe, 3037 normally have and allen key bolt while rest are normal.

zia

T

Triple-R

zia said:
i was only joking about selling it. have you done any other mods to get best out of this turbo, can your engine withstand 1.4 bar? what power are you running at the mo? are you sure it,s normally you can tell by the plate on the side and the outlet pipe, 3037 normally have and allen key bolt while rest are normal.

zia
Loads of mods to the car,take a look here, http://forum.gtiroc.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=11729

i have the allen bolt, and i am 100%sure its the same as this one

and heres my one on my car

Power at one bar was 300bhp, but that was on normal unleaded, so the timing was retarded due to detonation.

anyway thanks for the info.