What turbo for my spec

chrisniss91

I went to PTS today and got a power figure of 340bhp and 327ibft, they said it felt really smooth but the turbo i have is really letting it down.
So what turbo forgetting cost would go with this spec below :?: I'm getting Hiteqs manifold soon and will probably get external watsgate.
What mods need doing to fit ie custom downpipes etc :?:

Engine
Full Hiteq Rebuild including
HKS Pistons
HkS cams
HKS Head gasket
HKS iridium spark plugs
HKS front pipe
lightened and balanced
Knifeedge crankshaft
600 cc injectors
300zx AFM
Hiteq Cold air hard pipe
Arp con rod Bolts
New oil and water pumps
ND Stage 2 front mount
ND Super Hybrid turbo with NEW custom housing (crap)
Apexi Power FC (hiteq mapping this week)
Blitz Sus air filter
Bailey/forge dumpvalve
Greddy boost controller profec b 2
Trust cat back 4.5'' tailpipe
Hiteq de-cat pipe
Front strut brace
Hiteq Uprated fuel pump
Delimited
180mph speedo face
Helix organic clutch
Rebuilt gearbox
A pillar boost gauge
Samco Hosing
New HT leads

A

Anonymous

chrisniss91 said:
I went to PTS today and got a power figure of 340bhp and 327ibft, they said it felt really smooth but the turbo i have is really letting it down.
So what turbo forgetting cost would go with this spec below :?: I'm getting Hiteqs manifold soon and will probably get external watsgate.
What mods need doing to fit ie custom downpipes etc :?:
i know i keep harping on about this subject but,why not ask the people who deal with turbo's as a day job :?:

no matter who you ask on the forum and no matter how well intentioned these people are,you will always get a better performing turbo from the turbo manufacturers after you have supplied them with the spec of your car and the power/torque levels you want to achieve.

J

jiw

save yourself a few quid too and visit www.atpturbo.com

i did and i'll never look back, excellent service and fast delivery, the turbo's they sell are all brand new from the manufacturers too :D

ashills

i can get u a 3037 equivelant for 1200ish (straight fit )but as said above u can get cheap turbos from atp etc

E

Edd

persoanlly i'd save your money and not get the hiteq manifold, also if you go external wastegate you probably wont get much change out of £4000 by the time you've had custome xhaust, inlet, turbo elbow, intercooler pipes, modified manifold for wstegate, wastegate etc etc etc

get turbo like allens is cheap option and great performer we know how well allens car did and ginga has same turbo too

I

Ian.H

Edd ,
Why do you suggest he doesn,t get the manifold , I bet you have never seen the RNN14 specific manifold we now do !!

Regards

Ian
Hiteq Performance

MarkTurbo

Ian.H said:
Edd ,
Why do you suggest he doesn,t get the manifold , I bet you have never seen the RNN14 specific manifold we now do !!

Regards

Ian
Hiteq Performance
Any Pics :?: :?: :D

A

antilag

lol ian were have to make u a moderator soon if u keep posting so regular :D

O

Odin

Ian.H said:
Edd ,

Regards

Ian
Hiteq Performance
Yeah dont just tell boast about it :wink: Show us your ware's :D

rob

E

Edd

Ian.H said:
Edd ,

Regards

Ian
Hiteq Performance
well if you'd told me you did an Rnn14 manifold then i might have bought one before cutting mine to pieces :cry: :lol:

Does it have external wastegate fittings on it already?

I wasn't suggesting he didn't get your manifold as such i was suggesting that for the cost and modifications involved it would be very costly and making him aware (if he didn't already know) that there was more to just buying the manifold.

But seeing as you do an RNN14 one i'll let you off :wink:

aHave you fitted one to a customers car got any pics, flange sizes etc

E

Edd

Ian.H said:
Edd ,

Regards

Ian
Hiteq Performance
also to justify my comments as i look like im saying dont get it :oops:

I have the S14 hks manifold and i wrongly presumed that he meant that manifold.
And if i realy wanted to scare myself i could add up how much it has cost to get it all to fit with external wastegate and £5000 is probably a fair guess as you well appreciate Ian and to be honest i don't know if the extra £3600 over a turbo spec such as ASHILLs was offering it was worth the extra money.

skiddusmarkus

Best ask Ian what boost/power he'd rate your engine at firstif you want to keep your warranty :wink: .

If you're wanting one of Hiteqs manifolds and a bigger turbo with external wastegate then you could try one of the larger internally wastegated garrett ones and weld the wastegate shut and a flange on the manifold if it doesn't already have one(haven't seen it,so don't know).
You can get turbos with much bigger wheels than standard inside quite compact housings if you look that aren't any/much bigger than the ickle T28.
As Bruce said though,best speak to someone who specs turbos for a living to get a better idea.Turbodynamics are meant to be helpful and Andy Nicholls(Maestro turbo geezer)has started working for Turbotechnics now I think doing just this job.

GINGA

Ian.H said:
Edd ,

Regards

Ian
Hiteq Performance
What about a uprated dump pipe is that available now to :?: preferably to work with the aircon still fitted as it lovely on the 1 hot day we do have a year :lol:

I

Ian.H

Its ok Edd , I was only kidding with you ! , I thought you would mean the S14 set up , and your right , its not something we would advise , as there are too many problems in fitting one , making it expensive.

The manifold we now do , is sourced from Japan , and has stock placement of the turbo flange , so turbo elbow , front pipe , intake , and all water / oil feeds fit from stock . The only pipe you need to change is the comp housing to intercooler , as the stock one will not clear the No.4 port . This is a bit of a pain , but for anybody with a FMIC its not a problem.

Hopefully , the new web site will be up in a week or so , and it will include some new bits like this .

Regards
Ian
Hiteq Performance

Keira

ginga,

the 3" front pipe/dump pipe that hayward and scott made up for mine and someone else on here is designed around aircon 8)

just a shame i aint got it :(

E

Edd

Ian.H said:
Its ok Edd , I was only kidding with you ! , I thought you would mean the S14 set up , and your right , its not something we would advise , as there are too many problems in fitting one , making it expensive.
tell me about the expense :lol:
Just hope its worth it in the end..

So by the sound of a turb such as the 3037 would not fit on this manifold without a spacer as it would foul on the block, is this correct?
Also is a tubular manifold and what material?

GINGA

kieron said:
ginga,

the 3" front pipe/dump pipe that hayward and scott made up for mine and someone else on here is designed around aircon 8)

just a shame i aint got it :(
Yeh have that in mind though it was a touch pricey £450 iirc :?: also like the one from Oz that Kev has 8)