what exhaust system

H

hum

I want to buy an exhaust system from the turbo back. I would like the system to have no silencers in it but it will be ok if there are silencers in it. I want a 5 or 5 ½ inch pipe out the back. What system am I able to get?

The car I drive is a pulsar gtir and I am looking for around 400 –450 bhp.

Or would you think it would be better to get a down pipe from the turbo and then get my exhaust system made in a 3” pipe to the back box.

I see that most people have a mongoose system. Is this because it comes from the turbo and it is much cheaper than the rest of the systems or is there any other reason for it.

Is there any other make of system for the pulsar gtir and were can I get them from?

The more noise the better

Thanks for your help

Ryan

J

J-GTi-R

I see that most people have a mongoose system. Is this because it comes from the turbo and it is much cheaper than the rest of the systems or is there any other reason for it.
It because it's the loudest off the self system you can buy, that's why everyone has one, lol. You could go louder, either have the silencer removed from the 'Goose or get a straight through bespoke system from a custom exhaust place.

Plenty of other options though, Peco, Scorpion, Magnex, HKS, Apexi, Trust etc.

A

Anonymous

ryan,
come down for the rolling road day on sun and you can see and hear my bespoke,min 4" dia exh sys from turbo back.

makes the goose seem quiet :shock:

A

Anonymous

Side exit exhaust mate cheapest gauranteed and plenty of noise :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
hum said:
I want to buy an exhaust system from the turbo back. I would like the system to have no silencers in it

Ryan
The mongoose is pretty loud as it is. I think you'll get alot of attention from the police and maybe fail MOTs on noise; with no silencers.

A

Anonymous

Ian @ RSX nope but that datsun 500R? has one I think hes on japuk firum more than here

A

Anonymous

I have a 3.5" Scorpion exhaust and it hums really nicely...compliments the engine well.

My friend has the 5" goose and wow its LOUD!!

Up to you really...

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Can definately recommend the Mongoose - well built, stainless steel ( so no rusting - HKS system is mild steel for example ) and nice n'loud. From what I've heard the Peco system is not much better than the std one in terms of bore diameter & performance.The de-cat pipe is a small silencer, and it's the only one on the system ! Passes MOT de-catted too :D Nicely priced too, and is Turbo back ... what more could U want :?:

I got mine from Ripspeed, but HiTeq do them I'm sure, and you can get them from Collins Performance.

A

Anonymous

go for the mongoose 5" mate, compared with prices very cheap and very loud, and when people tell you about the flames that your getting out of it it just puts a smile on your face :lol: