what ecu/management?

gtir bean

my mate is wanting to get some form of ecu/management that will allow him to gradualy add things to the car and looking for 400bhp or more.he wants to get a motec but its a bit of an overkill is it not?i was thinking allong the lines of an e-manage would do the job fine?i think he just wants an ecu that can be mapped for more power etc as he can get stuff for the car without having to upgrade the management again.all ideas welcome.

celicaGT4st205

Hydra Nemesis ECU is another option.
http://www.tracktive.co.uk/content.php?page=131

Read the whole page.

There isnt a plug and play option for the Pulsar but you can buy the ECU and buy the sensors.

Richard Bulmer (Legend, formerly of Motec) maps them. He also still maps the Motec.

The good thing about the Hydra is that it comes with launch control and antilag as standard. It also has 32x32 fuelling and ignition tables (same as Motec). Power FC is 20x20.

Give him a call for prices.

ashills

if hes aiming for upto 450 then emanage is cheapest easiest option
above that the ultimate emanage or power fc

Fusion Ed

Go for whatever your local tuner is best at. There is no point choosing anything that there isnt anyone within a sensible distance near you to set up.

Fazz

The Oz guys use Wolf afaik...

Trouble is u need a good mapper no matter what eCU you get. and Wolf aren't exactly known over here...

Stick with the safe proven options...

DownunderGTiR

i just had the wolf v500 put in my R not too long ago..
they a not easy to map i was told by my tunner cause it start out with a fresh blank map with nothing so you have to start up from scatch.

and they do plug straight into the R cause they do have a plug for the R also.
had abit of trouble on mine...cause they send me the GT-R plug instead of the GTiR plug..quite sometime wasted there.