What boost are you running on your GT3071R?

Trondelond

i would move if i were you:lol:
Yep, I know! Sweden has a real nice way of doing it, they're actually helpful there, and come home to your house to approve your build! I wish they did that here as well.

I'll shut up now, and let the topic of the thread be discussed! :)

stumo

wow Trond, that's harsh.

If you were devious enough i guess you could get a 3071 to pass a visual inspection, ie fit "stock" looking heat shields etc around the turbo etc....

as for boost and power, you could get a dual port actuator (hidden with another "heat shield") with a low spring in there to give you low "stock" power then using one of these...

that will give you two levels of boost that will kick the arse of any Jap controller.

Trondelond

This suddenly turned into "the sneaky thread".

If they decide to go over the car, they'll figure the turbo out no matter what, as they'll be thorough. But the 3071 doesn't look suspicious enough on its own if I'm just pulled over randomly. The guy out in the field won't be able to tell a T28 and the 3071 apart. :)

I've never heard of dual port actuators before, will have to google them. But if you have a decent boost controller, shouldn't it be able to keep the pressure somewhat stable, even at high boost?

I did notice that the Datalogit box has the possibility of hooking up a switch to it, and this could be used to toggle high/low boost.

Last edited:

stumo

If you use a weak spring in the actuator to have a low boost (no boost controller working) eg .7bar then you probibly won't be able to have a high enough boost as it will overpower the weak spring.

Dual port actuators will allow you (with the right controller) to run lots of boost as it uses the boost to keep the wastegate shut .

billy187

I had my own car mapped today, spec includes 2.1 forged engine with ported head and hks 264cams, brand new gt3071r and standard actuator, 3" elbow but the rest of the system is 2.5", z32, 650cc injectors and power fc pro. Did intend to go to 1.8 bar but they backed it down to around 1.5 and told me i need to change the exhaust to get over 400bhp?