Way too much boost!!

gunmetalgtir

My car was misfiring badly, the last time it happened the spark plugs were gubbed. Change the spark plugs, ht leads, rotor arm and dizzy cap, jamming! Back to normal!!

A few months later it started again so I thought it must be the plugs again. Went to change the plugs and there was water in the second one from the left. Dried this out changed the plugs and it dropped the misfire.

One problem tho, its running major boost now!! Not done anything different, just changed the plugs to the ones I always use, Denso Iridium IK24's. The car boosts fine untill 4500rpm then the standard boost gauge goes right off the scale and the car runs crazy boost!!

Not sure whats up with it!! Anyone got any ideas?????

youngsyp

Have you reconnected the vacuum pipe that goes to and from the metal vacuum pipe on the passenger side of the intercooler ?
Assuming you still run the top mount !

youngsyp

There has to be a vacuum hose flapping about in the wind somewhere. I'd double check it !
Do you know what peak boost the car reaches now ?

gunmetalgtir

I'll double check when I get home from work! I remember plugging in that hose before I reconnected the intercooler so maybe it has come loose. The boost goes way past the 7 on the standard gauge and to where I would imagine where 14 would be!! :O

Cheers for the speedy replies!!

gunmetalgtir

I'll double check when I get home from work! I remember plugging in that hose before I reconnected the intercooler so maybe it has come loose. The boost goes way past the 7 on the standard gauge and to where I would imagine where 14 would be!! :O

Cheers for the speedy replies!! :)

gunmetalgtir

youngsyp your a star!! Checked the hoses and that one wasnt even connected!! I'm sure I connected it but I must not have done a very good job it it!! Cheers for all your help mate!!