waste gate chatter?

pete-r

feck,after reading that scoobynet thread,im totally lost :shock: i think i might just stick with my bailey until i can research this a bit more :wink: :lol:

pete-r

:shock: reading that last one ,id say that as long as you get the car mapped with whatever dump/recirc valve than your car should be sorted .which is good as mine is getting done right now :D

MarkTurbo

campbellju said:
From previous experience with friends, I know you get less lag on Subarus and Ford Saphire Cossies without a DV
I noticed when i took mine off there was slightly less lag, but the difference isnt that noticable :wink:

campbellju said:
I'm off to start a poll on people who run out of intelligent things to say and rant off. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
MarkTurbo said:
I noticed when i took mine off there was slightly less lag, but the difference isnt that noticable :wink:
Fair comment, it wasn't night and day but it was noticable.

pete-r

after reading about a bit i think im getting rid of the VTA dump valve and go back to the recirc.there doesnt seem to be any sort of gain having one ,im glad i didnt fork out for a pricey turbosmart or hks,so they seem pretty pointless.only problem is when the dump valve was fitted i didnt keep the recirc :oops:

Nad

Only benifit of the more expensive BOV's is that they can shift more air for higher boost applications. You can get a recirc attachment for the HKS, it is also twin piston so will work more efficently.

A smaller BOV wont shift enough air under high boost conditions so will engine will behave at some points as if its got no BOV at all and compressor surge may still be an issue. This is why on low boost engines you can get away without a BOV.

Nad