warped ebay manifold...blowing gasket again!!

rams_pulsar

As the title says my manifold is blowing again..doing my head in as even my mum said it sounds rough!!!lol must be bad haha...i put a new gasket on it (head to mani gasket) a few months ago and its got worse over time. I think than manifold is the problenm as its a stainless steel one thats not exactly had good reviews to say the least. The manifold its self is warped i think hence blowing all time as a cheap fix can anyone see a problem with putting two gaskets on it to compensate the warpedness (good english eh??)

any other advice would be appreciated :thumbsup:

dannogti-r

South Wales Rep
i bought one from ebay an it was badly warped, prob bout 5mm of difference in places. they ended up sendin a new one after a load of fuss. the new one's fine.

rams_pulsar

if i was to re fit the standard one you reckon there will be a loss in performance as i'd rather have it blowing slightly cos it really is only slight...????

olliecast

rams_pulsar said:
if i was to re fit the standard one you reckon there will be a loss in performance as i'd rather have it blowing slightly cos it really is only slight...????
i think people have had them braced and skimmed flat in the past mate. any way you could measure how out of flat it is, i.e. get a feeler under the raised parts on a flat surface

P

pulsarboby

rams_pulsar said:

you will deffo lose power if its blowing! any exhaust leak BEFORE the turbo will significantly cause loss of power.
dont waste your money, chuck it away and put the standard manifold back on;-)

rams_pulsar

yea i know what your saying but when i fixed it first time round it stopped blowing and the performance is pretty much exactly same as it is now but compared with the standard manifold i think it'd lose power so might be worth fixing as its not TOO bad lol.:oops:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Spend some time on the standard manifold, polish and smooth the insides out as best you can. It will help with flow and last longer than the e-gay manifolds :thumb:

The standard manifold should support 400bhp anyway