Vibrating from the clutch??

• Thread starter andypulsargti-r
  • Start date
A

andypulsargti-r

yo guys im not havin much luck in the problem solving section so i thought id try in here:-
My clutch pedal has started vibrating quite a bit when i change down through the gears - does anyone know if this means its time for a new one? Or does it sound like a gearbox problem? Any help muchly appreciated!

Stevo

If you got pedal virbration i would think its your pedal bracket, you may need a clutch bracket kit to stop it bending the bulkhead.A guy off here sells them.

Normally the whole car will sorta vibrate if you flywheel is not smooth. If your clutch isnt slipping or you can live with it just leave it. or you have to do an engine out job.
Theres a few on here which can do that job if you based in south of country.

A

andypulsargti-r

i already have the clutch pedal bracket which you mention i was jus concerned as it has only just started doing it and i didt want to damage anythin i am goin to replace the clutch anyway to see if it helps

A

andypulsargti-r

ill bear that in mind will that improve the performance? :D

Stevo

well yes and no :lol:
You will get a much better surface grip with a brand new clutch and a smooth flywheel. For perforamce you would need to lighten the fly wheel. thats a can of worms, But has its up and downs, if you ballance your crank and rods then it maybe worth lightening your flywheel but then again if to light you loose your torque :lol: