Urgent!! fault code 11

D

damien4uuk

Ive noticed latley that my car has started backfiring more than normal latley and has been slowly getting more and more slugish with misfires every now and then. every time ive done a code check its come up 55 but today it seemed really bad so done the code check and come up 11 is this the cams or crank? and does it mean that the sensor is knackerd or my cams? please help as soon as you can i need to get it fixed by the weekend. Thanks in advance :D

D

damien4uuk

Where abouts is the sensor located? I have about 0% chance of finding it with no help lol :D

gtir bean

go to a breakers and find any primera with the sr20 engine and take the distributor off that.i went to nissan a week ago to get a price for a new one and they had to contact japan and i still havent heard back from them.i just took the sensor out the distributor.

D

damien4uuk

can i fix it? Or is it not worth it? I changed my rotorarm not so long ago is it posible ive done somthing?

D

damien4uuk

I forgot to ask! I take it then this is whats making my r run like a bag of shit?

D

damien4uuk

How can i be sure its the crank angle sensor thats broke and not the angle of the crank being out? Also i went to nissan today to get a price for a new dizzy :shock: £465+vat :shock: . does any one know where i can get a cheeper one? ive tried motorserv ect ect and all local scrapyards but no luck.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If the angle of your crank was out, then it means the timing chain must have jumped a tooth. Also I assume in that case it wouldn't register a fault as it's the signal from the crank angle sensor that's being monitored for faults :wink: