Uprated Selector Forks

Nad

I've done a search but couldnt find who was trying to get these made up?

Was doing some reading this morning and found out the Nissan replaced the 3/4 & 5 gear selectors with their own uprated items so there has obviously always been an issue with them...

Nad

MarkTurbo

I reckon Nissan used to collect old coke cans and melt them down and make the selector forks out of that :lol:

They're pretty s**t to be honest, the 3rd/4th gear selector fork snapped on the box that was originally on my car and munched the whole box up into about a million pieces :x

I

Innovate Performance

We will do thse selector forks for on a group buy if any ones intrested.
Price will bepend on the numbers

Thanks

I

Innovate Performance

PPG will make them if i can give them an order of 10 or more, This also applies to the fornt rear and center diffs.

So it is up to you guys and girls.

Cheers

James

Nad

Dooie Pop Pop said:
hi Nad :) do you know when they started fitting the stronger forks?
Sorry I should have made that clearer. Its on the rally cars that stuck with the syncro's, they changed the selector forks.

Zia, the PAR one is crap as some of them bind and put metal dust everywhere. Hard to say which ones, as every one PAR makes seems to be different.

The PPG one doesnt look any beefier in the places they normally break though, which is on the fingers.

Nad

I

Innovate Performance

Nad they are billet not cast so they will be stronger. They are also heat treated.

Surry

Zia, the PAR one is crap as some of them bind and put metal dust everywhere. Hard to say which ones, as every one PAR makes seems to be different.

bang on Nad, I have first hand experience of this!!! Brand new Nissan Input shaft bearings lasted about 600 miles...

Jon

zia

bang on Nad, I have first hand experience of this!!! Brand new Nissan Input shaft bearings lasted about 600 miles...
what you broke the par 3/4 gear selector? haven,t heard alot people breaking this, side by side the par is chunckier than the slim stock one? and the ppg doesn,t have the flat groove for the selector hub? why is that are the selector hub on the dog box different?

zia

boucherie

can we have an approximate price of how much the billet forks will cost on a group buy of say 10 units, as i may be interested for the right price!

Nad

I think the problem is some are too chunky in the wrong places and therefore rub, but like I said no two parts are the same from that company!

Nad

I

Innovate Performance

boucherie said:
can we have an approximate price of how much the billet forks will cost on a group buy of say 10 units, as i may be interested for the right price!
will get some prices together in the next couple of days
regards

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Nad said:
Same deal with their Con rods :roll:

Rich@Redline

I am in need of an uprated 3rd/4th selector fork, as mine snapped at Pod in the summer, thankfully the Quaife is ok......i hope

What are peoples thoughts on these....having contacted PPG the uprated one looks thinner and weaker than standard, and its not cheap either :?