Unichip

P

papdog

Hello all

Where is the nearest place to Sussex to map a Unichip for me? Don't want to go too far as the car is overfuelling massively on the low boost it is on to run in the car.

Graham

DavidGTiR

Should you not ask yourself why the car is overfuelling ?

No point taking it to get a Unichip fitted if there is a fault with the car unless you expect them to fix it at the same time ?

There must be a fault with the car in its current state if its overfuelling ie air flow sensor, commonly a bad earth.

Last edited:
P

papdog

Already got a unichip fitted on there, but it is mapped for my old engine, not the one that is now in there. Need to get it mapped for my bigger injectors and more boost!

Graham

S

Stoned

Good luck with yours mate. I have engine advantages try and fit a unichip on mine and they couldnt get it to work. Every time the wheels started moving the ignition got cut!

DavidGTiR

papdog said:
Already got a unichip fitted on there, but it is mapped for my old engine, not the one that is now in there. Need to get it mapped for my bigger injectors and more boost!

Graham
You shouldn't be running the Unichip then if it's not been mapped for the different engine. You should have just used the stock ECU and it would run fine within the stock parameters and safely.

Using an ECU thats mapped for another engine isn't a good idea unless you like to make your engine overfuel and cause other problems that you can't notice.

Not trying to be an @rse but you wouldn't buy someone else's mapped Unichip and run it on your own car would you ? This is what you are doing.

P

papdog

That's why I'm trying to find someone in the south east who can map it for me, which is the reason for this post!

Graham

DavidGTiR

papdog said:
That's why I'm trying to find someone in the south east who can map it for me, which is the reason for this post!

Graham

If you know how to dis-connect the Unichip then do it before you drive the car.

P

papdog

Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Where are engine advantages Dooie?

Graham

S

Stoned

They are in Witham - thats in Essex. Hope you have more luck with yours than I did lol