Unchip Help

Gav_Kara

Iv bought a pulsar 1992 and its come with a ecu unchip box thats not fitted does anyone know what it does and how to fit it,iv been told it gives it an extra 30bhp!

snoon

Mine has a Dasteck unichip, when fitted it gives the tuner more settings to play with than standard ECU alone.

Mine was fitted when I got it so not sure what power gains you can expect.

I guess it's only as good as the person who sets it up.

Uncle Winnet

a unichip is a piggey back ecu

you will have to get it fitted and then set up for the mods your car has on my old gtir with cams exhast filter front mount and a few bits and bobs powere was 341 bhp at 1.1bar

john

snoon

I agree, Noble is who sets mine up.

Not sure how much they cost, mine was already fitted.
Think they retail at £400 ish brand new.

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Can agree with snoon & stugtir ; if you live anywhere in the North, Noble's at Chesterfield are the daddies, especially with Unichips. It will be custom mapped to your mods and your engine (unlike off the shelf chips) and will give you the best increase for approx £160 on the rollers to fully map it.

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

turbodaily

engine advantages in essex mapped my unichip and did a very good job of it too =) i believe they will fit and map your car for £300 (if you supply the unichip)

Gav_Kara

Edited --If you want to sell your unichip on here, I'm afraid you'll have to pay the membership like the others have.

Last edited by a moderator: