Tyre sizes for 15" wheels

B

bean

I've got some 15" split rims fitted and they were fine until I fitted Koni shocks and Whiteline springs.

The front wheels now bang on the arches after the slightest bump or corner. :cry:

I have noticed the wheels have got 195/55 tyres fitted, I guess this is the wrong profile as the standard wheels use 195/55. :roll:

So, what size should I fit? 205/50-15 perhaps? :?:

B

bean

Thanks, I'll have to order some new tyres then...

Pain in the arse cos mine current ones are almost new! :x

Cris

I used to run 195/50R15 on my fifteens. They would be approriate for a 6.5" rim.

Common size so they're cheap too (£35 per wheel).

A

AZ STE

But the less you go on the second number the harder the ride will be as the tyre will not be able to act as a cushion.Im surprised that on 15" wheels even if you drop it that the wheels are hitting the arches,I think youve got more of a offset wheel problem

Cris

AZ STE said:
But the less you go on the second number the harder the ride will be as the tyre will not be able to act as a cushion.Im surprised that on 15" wheels even if you drop it that the wheels are hitting the arches,I think youve got more of a offset wheel problem
Good point - has the car been lowered?

If in doubt check the distance between tdc of the wheel arch and the centre of the wheel. Then compare this to the details on the whiteline webshite.

B

bean

Cris said:
AZ STE said:
Good point - has the car been lowered?

If in doubt check the distance between tdc of the wheel arch and the centre of the wheel. Then compare this to the details on the whiteline webshite.
The car has been lowered by fitting Whiteline springs, approximately one inch I reckon.

The camber, caster and toe will be wrong now I've changed the suspension, I could get this setup to Whiteline specifications but I'd be surprised if this sorted the problem? :?

I realise if I drop the profile I'll get a harsher ride, I'm also surprised the wheels are hitting the arches with only 15" wheels, albeit with 195/55 tyres. :roll:

B

bean

I'm taking the car to Powerstation next week, if I get them to do the 4 wheel alignment could this stop my tyres hitting the arches?