turbo kit??? just adding on with standard internals?

A

andrew

just a quick question , guys, i hope this doen't sound stupid.. :? :oops: , can you just say bolt on a ball bearing turbo, race tublar mainfold, wastegate and screamer pipe kit without doing other mods like, pistons, cams, uprated head gasket, rods, etc.., i don't need a rebuild just want to add on a turbo kit to my existing spec of
full exhaust, plugs, leads , fuel pump, front mount,clutch, filter, controllers, e.g running at around 310bhp, at say 1.2 bar, so would a decent set up on the rollers running say 1.4 bar see high figures like 400 with this set up, .....
thanks in advance

J

jiw

theirs nothing to say it wouldnt be fine, just make sure everything is kept cool and the fuelling and timing is good, the only downfall of the standard engine is the ringlands and head gasket might suffer but thats only at silly high boost pressures, what turbo and boost are you thinking of running?

A

andrew

thanks mate, possibly, standard boost, then 1.2bar low seeting ,and 1.4 bar at the highest setting on a ball bearing 360 thrust stage 2 turbo, will also want a mainfold, wastegate and screamer pipe, might just opt for the greedy kit, thanks, fuelling , head gasket and ignition timming afr, will look into it :wink:

Keira

Please dont take this as a personnel insult but i really cant see how people can own a turbo charged car and be that stupid as to think bolting on a big turbo is the answer to everyones big power dreams...

all a big turbo is going to do is max out the standard injectors and maf at a lower boost level than the t28, which you could max out the standard set up with anyways..a big turbo flows more air, thats the point of it, to get the power you'd need injectors to add the fuel and a bigger maf or map sensor to read the air being consumed.

it's not as simple as getting a big boy on there :wink:

J

jiw

kieron said:
Please dont take this as a personnel insult but i really cant see how people can own a turbo charged car and be that stupid as to think bolting on a big turbo is the answer to everyones big power dreams...

all a big turbo is going to do is max out the standard injectors and maf at a lower boost level than the t28, which you could max out the standard set up with anyways..a big turbo flows more air, thats the point of it, to get the power you'd need injectors to add the fuel and a bigger maf or map sensor to read the air being consumed.

I thought that was all obvious :oops: :lol:

Keira

andrew said:
1.4 bar at the highest setting on a ball bearing 360 thrust stage 2 turbo, :
what the f uc k are you talking about man :shock: :lol:

just do a search for 400bhp and all will be explained :roll: :wink:

Keira

andrew said:
1.4 bar at the highest setting on a ball bearing 360 thrust stage 2 turbo, :
jiw said:
I thought that was all obvious :oops: :lol:
normally jeff i'd agree, but with quotes like the above i'd say it isn't the case with this one :wink: :lol:

A

andrew

kieron said:

that is the exact answer i need, thanks for being straight to the point, the kit i was looking at was going cheap, so thought i could just use it, iam not after big power mate, thanks for the advice, your so friendly.... 8)
great club, with qiuck answers, thanks kieron your a start you've saved me loads, do you want a trophy :?

your answer to everything is do a search :roll:

S

stokie1

going to run a bigger turbo myself T76

hopefully going for 1 bar, if everything is
fine i might really push it to 1.1 bar, but i think this
is going to push the engine to its limit :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Kieron... Can you run 1bar on a standard car...? What oil would you recommend i use...?

Waiting as Kieron's head starts to explode... :lol:

Keira

the reason morons like you andrew get pointed in the direction of the search button is that its been discussed so many times before its not even funny :roll: and yes i am quite friendly actually but reading moronic sh it from complete retards has a strange effect on me and i just cant be bothered to be polite anymore... :wink:

its not hard to find the answer to any dumb questions just use the search function...its really easy :lol:

as for the piccy, nice try... :roll: i have far, far better that i'm not willing to waste on someone as pointless as yourself :wink:

MarkTurbo

Nice to see the search button is still causing arguments :lol: :lol: :lol:

stokie1 said:
going to run a bigger turbo myself T76

hopefully going for 1 bar, if everything is
fine i might really push it to 1.1 bar, but i think this
is going to push the engine to its limit :lol:
That is a p1ss take isnt it :?: Having a T76 just to run 1 bar :lol:

S

stokie1

will have 12 different boost setting, so got to have
1 bar just for a laugh :lol:

S

stokie1

will have 12 different boost setting, so got to have
1 bar just for a laugh :lol:

T

Tug

The poor guy has only been on here for a couple of weeks and wanted a bit of advice. Give him a chance to know the site surely before getting all arsy :roll:

ki_saj_ng

:lol: @ kieron, but honestly tho, i dont know why u even bother with it, ur gonna run out of stuff to say soon!

no1 should reply to the STUPID questions and then hopefully they will just fook off!