Tail Light Fuse Keeps Blowing

P

PEBS

Hello all. Hoping someone can help or have some advise ?
Was driving as usual when the dash instrument lights went out.
On futher inspection the tail lights were out, but the brake lights still worked, the side lights were out but full beam still worked and of course the speedo etc lights on the dash were out.
Assuming a fuse had blown i went home to investigate some more.
I have traced a fuse box break down,
http://www.mummachummas.co.uk/gtir/FUSES.JPG
and sure enough the 10Amp fuse, 6 up from the bottom on the right hand side has gone.
Unfortunately having replaced the fuse with serveral new 10A every time i turn the lights on - Bang !
Any previous experience of this problem ?
Help and advise would be much appreciated.

the chief

i had this problem also after changing the head unit. Every time i changed the fuse, it just blow again when i turned the lights on. I got the head unit out again and there was a wire right at the back (which i think the old owner had for the dimmer on the head unit)) so every time i turned the lights on it would blow coz the end of the wire was hitting metal. So i just put some insurlation tape on the end. Job done

P

PEBS

Thanks for the info. I hope it is that simple. Funny enough i have just bought a new head unit myself as the existing one is an old rubbish kenwood but i have not taken the old one out yet so as soon as i do will look for any exposed wires and tape them up. Fingers crossed that will be that. :)

A

Anonymous

i had this problem when i put my cd player in.... there was a wire that was nt earthed or something..have you put a new cd player in recently !

P

PEBS

Hello there. I really am hoping this is the same case. I attempted to take out an old mini disc player to install a new CD player. I couldnt get the old one out! I am gonna operate this saturday and remove the plastic surround to get the bugga out.
I think in my previous attemp i have exposed a wire and the gounding problem is causing the fuse to blow.
Watch this space.
Many thnaks for the reply.