Std V's forged pullies......which one?????

Mr GTiR

my mate has broken my bottom pullies while trying to take them off.

do i buy new standard Nissan ones or go for forged lightened and balanced jobbies.

opinions and suggestions please.....

also, can someone (Fast Guy or Ginga) please explain the advantages and disadvantages of forged itmes.

S

Sirnixalot

i make them mods and they take my lime light :lol:

just kidding.

The lighter pullies will reduce the amount of energy it takes to get the crank spinning. It works like a light weight flywheel but not as noticable.

I would go for the FOrge ones if i could

Mr GTiR

i was also thinking of having my crank ground as well. it's in the machine shop at the end of the week so have to dodide fast.

will lightened pullies work well with a lighten crank? I know this is going off topic but what are the advangates and effects of a lightned pullies and crank? won't the engine rev quicker....?

S

Sirnixalot

the engine will rev quicker yes but it will also decellerate quicker too as there isnt enough mass to store the energy.

Its a good way to reduce lag as well. An engine that doesnt take as long to rev doesnt take as long to make boost 8)

Nad

BTW u may need the Forge crank pulley balancing as well due to it not having a balancer shaft on it. I had to on mine. If u go for standards again I have a set for sale at the right price :wink:

Nad

Mr GTiR

just got some forged items off someone who did not want there from the group buy that was done a while back :wink:

thanks anyway Nad :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Forge advantages

Look good
Lightweight

Disadvantages

Crank pulley is designed to fit non aircon cars
Not too cheap (but I don't know what the std ones cost)

There may be more, but this'll do.