Sparkplugs : What make+heat range RU using ?

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
I'm looking at getting new sparkplugs v.soon and am just wondering what heat range + make you all are using in comparison to your engine's state of tune :?:

I'm hoping to move to 1 bar shortly :) , then beyond :twisted: . I'm currently running HKS s40i's and am wondering whether to get the Denso equivalent (ik24?), or follow HiTeq's recommendation and go for the Denso equivalent of the HKS s45i ( ik27 i think :?: )

Any input, pointers etc much appreciated. :D

S

Sirnixalot

im running NGK Iridiums in a heat range 7. I will be running 1bar of boost on the HKS GT3037. I do have an uprated ignition though.

I would stick with the 7's unless you are running 1.4+ bar mega boost...then you might want to try 8's

turblio

I have run PFR7B nissan plugs for four years on anything from .9bar up to
1.7 and they have never missed a beat (make sure everything is perfect though)
Frank

A

Anonymous

Don, I just answered Caz with exactkly the same thing in gen discussion but at least yours is in tuning!!

have a look at my thread in tuning or maintenance I think as a few people came back to me when I got some plus for mine.

I ended up getting the plainum ones by mistake so will keep thse for 6 months but will go denso irridium next time.

I think the code you need is IK24 for the 8 heat range which is good for 1.4 bar. I ended up getting PK (platinum) but should be ok for six months at most when I change next.

I just spoke to my local auto factors (cambereley) and they are charging 7.98 + vat for the Iridium Denso plug in the heat range you need, ie IK24.

Tuners will pull your pants down for HKS plugs and they are even made by denso! used to run the denso plug in my old GTR and more than up to the job!!

Nick

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Hi Godzilla,

Did a brief search last night but couldn't find anything I'd not already seen, but your input ( as everybody elses ) is greatly appreciated :) .

Do you have the No of your local motor factors, as mine only stock the platinum ones for the GTiR, no Iridium one's exist in their catalogue :roll: :!:

Cheers :D

M

memski

HKS S45i's on mine good for 1.4bar. S40i's blew out at 1.4.

D

DodgeT

berk god, could you send me the detail/phone no etc. of the shop also as i need some cus ill be turning her up to 1 bar this weekend :D :D

A

Anonymous

the company is called cambereley auto factors and they are based in Reading and camberely funnily enough.

number is 0118 987 3333

nick

C

caz

guys wots the NGK, IRIDIUM, Equivilant plug no. To the Denso ik24 or HKS S40i :?: