spark plugs

C

caz

Right guys, less than 2 weeks til me R is back on the road. The only bit a ain't got yet is me plugs. Need to choose them asap. So can all of U running 0.9-1 bar tell me what your using. Was all set to go for HKS S40i but then looked at Denso's for the mony, but found them for expensive for the iridiums

Help needed asap

Cheers

O

Odin

I use the hks's my self but you can use house plugs for all I care :wink: :lol:

O

Odin

I try :wink: .

I did say I use the HKS's didn't I or was I dreaming :roll:
but as you say it's about £60 for 4 so there not cheap, unlike
you :lol: .

O

one Gti-R

I have found the NGK one to work well the Platnium ones anyway. bit more expensive than the run of the mill NGKs.

A

Anonymous

Caz,
have a look at my thread in tuning or maintenance I think as a few people came back to me when I got some plus for mine.

I ended up getting the plainum ones by mistake so will keep thse for 6 months but will go denso irridium next time.

I think the code you need is IK24PR8 for the 8 heat range which is good for 1.5 bar. I ended up getting PK but should be ok for six months at most when I change next.

hope this helps,
Nick

A

Anonymous

am not sure where you are based but I always go to camberly auto factors for my bits as they are normally really good and cheap to source the plugs.

A

Anonymous

Caz,
just got a price from camberely for the IK24 plug from denso and they just quoted 7.98 + VAT for each plug so not sure how that works out?

The PR8 is the code the platinum plug uses for the R at heat range 8 but the irridium one might be diff.

Nick

A

Anonymous

basically if you buy your plugs from a tuner you are having yr pants pulled down in a big way and yr corn pipe reemed.

a little bit of research goes a long way in this game!! save 20 quid here, 30 quid there...it all helps....

to pay for gearbox rebuilds and the like!!

skiddusmarkus

I've got the S45's coming but they're not necessary for 0.9bar-overkill.They're even more expensive than normal ones too :shock: .I've never seen the Denso equivalent of these-anyone know if they make there own version too?

A

Anonymous

skiddus.
denso MAKE the plugs for hks who re brand them then bend the likes of you and half this board over with a big black strap on!

same plug, diff brand
same plug, diff brand
same plug, diff brand
same plug, diff brand
same plug, diff brand
same plug, diff brand
same plug, diff brand
same plug, diff brand
same plug, diff brand
same plug, diff brand
same plug, diff brand
same plug, diff brand
same plug, diff brand
same plug, diff brand

all clear to everyone?? find a parts place that sells denso plugs and save big cash!