Should a standard Pulsar actuator work @ the same boost level on a GT2871R ?

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Just wondering if it'll still run at 0.65/0.7 bar ? I'm currently running with it on and the turbo is boosting to 1 bar + ...:doh:
I've checked for boost leaks etc and not found any, so i take it by winding the actuator arm in / out I can drop its boost pressure back down to 0.7 bar ?

It did come with a 1 bar actuator, so i could use that at a push, but the rod would need straightening out first and ideally i want to run at a lower boost than 1bar, so the boost levels of 1bar & over can be controlled by the boost controller & I get a hint of economy outta the thing! :p

I'll be bypassing the boost controller at dinnertime to see if its that, but I don't think it will be.

Cheers & thanks in advance :-D

donpulsar :)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Should a standard Pulsar actuator work @ the same boost level on a GT2871R
Yes, give or take a fraction as long as you don't adjust the rod.

I've got Steves old 2871r on my R and that runs .7 bar with boost controller off
Does that definately have the same actuator on as the one I sold to Stu, I thought the one I sold was set to 1.2 bar.

MATTYGREEN

stevepudney said:
Yes, give or take a fraction as long as you don't adjust the rod.

Does that definately have the same actuator on as the one I sold to Stu, I thought the one I sold was set to 1.2 bar.

??? It runs .7 bar, whilst boost controller is off and i'm running 1bar on low until my new clutch goes in - next week :) then it's rack up a few miles and a re-map to 1.5bar :) that's if I don't need an uprated actuator 1st??

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Cool - thanks for the info guys :thumbsup:8)

Will have a go at the actuator and see if i can sort it. Looking at the turbo from above, does the actuator want winding to the right (towards the back bumper) or to the left (towards the front bumper) to reduce the boost? Im really not sure :doh::roll::lol:

Cheers :thumbsup:,

donpulsar :)