Setting up Duty on AVC-R

Hi,

Fitted AVC-R this afternoon and replaced the vacuum pipes. All works fine apart from im not 100% sure how to set the thing up :lol:

Just to make sure Im understanding things correctly:

Duty is how long the solenoid stays open, therefore the higher the % the more agressive the power through the tubby will be?

Boost is only a target something to aim for, so say for instance the boost was on 0.3kg/cm2 and duty on 70%, would be seeing more of 1bar of boost?

I set it to the above before and got 1 bar there abouts maybe more guage only goes to a bar :shock:

Im aiming for 0.9 - 1.0 bar on setting A, and on setting B around 1.2bar when I get my new clamps for intercooler pipes and spark plugs (NGK rating 8)

So for Setting A (0.9 - 1.0bar) i would need to have:

Boost 1.0kg/cm2
Duty 45%

Setting B (1.2bar):

Boost 1.2kg/cm2
Duty 70%
RPM settings 1.2bar
0 1000 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 7000
80% 75% 70% 65% 60% 55% 55% 55%

With self learn mode do I need to drive it hard all the time and just drive as normal?

Ive set up car select:

Cyl Spd Thr
4 2 /\

Pressure type setting:

Relative 1

Gear Judge on:

1st 120
2nd 75
3rd 50
4th 35
5th 25

So would these settings be about right? Going to take it up to Hiteq, but not until Feb.

Hope someone can help me out,

Gaz

A

ali1710

wouldnt mind seeing if mines is set up aswell,dont understand it at all,any1 in my area that can do these.

Just took mine for a run, using the settings for Setting A above, I got 0.9 bar, so quite happy with that, felt smooth through the rev range.

Set up setting B when I get the clamps and spark plugs!!

Taking it up to Hiteq as soon as I get some money together.

Gaz

J

justin666

Your 1 bar (ish) setting seem fine so just make sure you have self learning switched on and all should be fine :thumbsup:

Self learn will start once you are over 80% throttle. Easiest way to get it started is to find a long private runway, get the car rolling and into 4th asap and then floor it through the revs!! If you check back on your duty settings you should then see the **** which indicates self learn is on and working :thumbsup:

One tip is to make sure that the graph scale is set up correctly which if i remember correctly is in the Graph scale menu under etc. When I got mine it wouldnt read or display anything over summat daft like 0.5 bar!!! :lol: :lol:

I cant remember any of the other setting I use off the top of my head but if you can think of anything else just post up and I will run out side and check :thumbsup: (assuming its not raining!!!! :lol: :lol: ) Once you get used to the AVCR you will find it a piece of pi55 to use, setup and understand :thumbsup:

J.