S-itc,s-afc & avc-r fitting?

J

jpward

Anyone got all three on their R?

if so who did you get to fit? (recomended tuners please)
or did you do this yourself?

GINGA

Don't bother with the itc/s-afc imho you'll get a far better/nicer driving car with a greddy emanage or power fc 8) just sell the s-afc/itc to help finance it :wink:

A

Anonymous

GINGA said:
Don't bother with the itc/s-afc imho you'll get a far better/nicer driving car with a greddy emanage or power fc 8) just sell the s-afc/itc to help finance it :wink:
Sorry,but i must disagree,if you already have them,then use them.The Apexi's a very good units and have been well proven time and time again.Ask the likes of Jason Gant and Lou Rob and i also remeber Daniel Fennel used these controllers.I have the AVCR and SAFC2 and if they are set up properly i cant see any huge advantage in using stand alones unless you are going above 400bhp.I personally know someone using a greddy 'e' manage and someone else using a SAFC2 without a timing controller and head to head using the same boost pressure there is nothing in it.

Shaun

:D Wasnt talking about my car mate,was talking about Duey's :wink: Mines been cocked up :evil: As i said....if they are set up properly.

C

Crazy

Thats what I meant too mate, you sure??? :wink:

I agree though mate, there is not MUCH in it :p

Shaun

:D Could have been down to your clutch mate,we'll have to see on the next meet :lol: :lol: :lol: Nah mate,i'm not knocking the 'e'manage by any means all i was saying was that if he has already got them then why waste them,they are very good proven units and shouldnt be knocked just because they are seperates.

Keira

the difference is in how well the car runs, the safc and itc are very limited in what they do

yes they do the job but for the price you can get e-manage these days its a much better option.

J

jpward

Cheers lads so what is the best way/method to set up on rollez? could just blasting up and down the motorway in self learn mode do it?

J

jpward

Well got them fitted at last had a few hitches nothing major and basic set up so looking for a good set off rollers to set them up any tuners knows these inside out??

jpward said:
Anyone got all three on their R?

if so who did you get to fit? (recomended tuners please)
or did you do this yourself?

I actually have all 3 on my car (although I have the S-AFC II). Works ok. Obviously not as good as a complete ECU replacement a la Power FC, but it does the job I wanted it to.

I installed the units myself and me and my mate mapped her with a wideband O² sensor, a laptop & some detcans... (oh and a longish straight road :wink: ).