RWD on a GTi-R

Hey guys tried doing a search but cant seem to find a specific answer to my question.
Does anyone know how to lock the gearbox of the R to become a RWD?
I hope u dont look at it as a silly question coz i notice friends of mine who drop in EVO3 4G63 engines into their Protons lock up the 4wd gearbox in order to fit it into their 2wd Protons.
Hmm......
So likewise i wonder how to make a GTi-R rwd hehe.
Dori dori dori
Japanese for DRift Drift DrIfT
Sigh i want an S15 for drift purposes.

A

antilag

doriking lol
mate sum guy done this in aus and there was a post a few weeks ago with pics of him doing donuts and stuff i am sure sumone will put the link up if they can find it

J

J-GTi-R

I think he had to do quite a bit of work to get it to Rwd though, it wasn't just a matter of locking the gearbox or centre diff.

My brother's car (323 GT-X) has a button on the gearbox you push that gives FWD, so you can dyno the car on 2WD dynos as 4WD dynos weren't common when it was designed (Mazda engineers, unlike Nissan engineers obviously THINK once in a while). However, there's no such thing on our cars as far as I know.

A

Anonymous

mate i read somewhere of how sash in aus turned the gtir into a rwd, but cant remember where the post was.
from what ive heard there is an easy way to do this, but not good on the car and a proper way,ie the way sasha done it, why not send him an email and maybee he might let you in on his secret....

G

gotoinstant-redline

the easiest way to do it would be to get a gtir lump and stick an 214 gearbox on it. you might have to change the bell houseing (not sure) but it will be a lot easier than stuffing up a working and much needed gtir box.

L.

What to do silly Nissan doesnt build our ATTESA system like the Skyline GTR.
Just take out the silly fuse and wolllah it becomes RWD.

Yeah i heard about the particular mentioned GTi-R down under but doesnt mentioned how it is done.
Hmmph sad thing i cant find a decent Silvia back in Malaysia coz they all have been suffering the wrath of my drift sick friends.
:lol:

Oh is it possible to say weld up the center diff or something?
Just curious what the heck is a 214 gearbox?
Sorry to bring that up.