Retuned ECU's

Studlife

hi guys whats the better route i dont want to get a power fc due to expense, possibly a SAFC2 or E-manage but on ebay i found a retuned ecu by mines which would be the better way to go??

oldaneal

think the mines will be maped for 100 ron jap fuel and dont think anywhere can remap them over here, been hearing good things about the emanage and does alot more than the safc2 for not that much more money

Dooie Pop Pop

depends on what you want from it mate and even more importantly how capable is your chosen mapper with your ecu choice? not much point in buying an ecu that no-one for 4000miles knows how to map;-)

emanage is cheap as chips and does exactly what it says on the tin, im doing ok with one.

stu

Studlife

I'm looking for my pulsar to beat a light truck with a big 400bhp V8, it belongs to a friend of mine, is a e-manage for a pulsar easy to get? or are they just universal? thanks for the help guys

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Studlife said:
I'm looking for my pulsar to beat a light truck with a big 400bhp V8,
What 1/4 or 0-60 can it do? I'd be surprised if you can't beat it without needing the ecu.;-)

Is there anyone in Canada that can map Mines ecus?

Unichips are another cheap option if they do them over there.

geetee

Just because I had it to hand... and I don't think they use RON in Canada...

Below is an approximate comparison chart, these numbers can vary by as much as 2 grades
RON MON PON
90 83 86.6
92 85 88.5
95 87 91
96 88 92
98 90 94
100 91.5 95.8
105 95 100
110 99 104.5

Studlife

were taking the truck to the track this upcoming weekend, most shop are confused when they look at my car they say "wow you know your on the wrong side of that civic" people here have no clue, the best gas i can get here is 94 octane with ethanol not sure how that compares to RON, MON, or PON also i'm not familar with a uni - chip