red light

A

Anonymous

when i turn off the ignition the red light on the ecu stays on and the green relay near the ecu clicks and the boost seloniod on the inlet support bracket clicks but if u take the room lamp fuse out it goes out and the other things stop clicking but when the fuse is out the car wont start.
i have done a fualt code check and it flashes 55.
when u start the car the light goes out on the ecu and there is no clicking from the relay
also the car ticks over at abput 1200 but if the car is all ready running u can take out the room lamp fuse and the tick over drops to 900 or so rpm
any help would be much appreciated

A

Anonymous

does anybody know what else runs of that fuse its the 4th on down on the right hand side of the box

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
millsy said:
does anybody know what else runs of that fuse its the 4th on down on the right hand side of the box
That's the ecu fuse not the interior light fuse, hence why the car won't start with it out.

Make sure noone has wired an accessory into either of those circuits wrongly which could be causing the problem.

A

Anonymous

that fuse runs the stereo too and if u take it out when then car is running the idle speed drops from about 1100 to 900 and ticks over and still goes like a bomb also is the black box on the back of the engine on the inlet support bracket the boost controller as a thought the boost controller was near the turbo with the two pipes coming of it

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'm getting mixed up with my ups and downs :oops: Yes the 4th one down is the the interior lights and dash illumination. :oops:

Make sure the stereo is wired in right as it should run off the 4th fuse up on the left hand side.

The boost solenoid is near the turbo with the 2 hoses coming off it.

A

Anonymous

so what is the black box on the inlet support bracket then

A

Anonymous

just bought the vehicle components locatoin book and that fuse does the stereo,interior light and the auxilary air controller also i noticd if u take the fuse out while the engine is running with both doors closed the the doors open light comes on very slightly . also has anyone got a picture of the aac valve