Red Light coming on!! what is it?

J

JU5T1N

Hi people i was driving down the motorway last night when a red light came on it was under my fuel gauge and looked like 2 paralell lines with some smoke coming of them i was wondering if anyone could tell me what this is??? any help is much appretiated!

Cheers :?:

J

JU5T1N

no its still got the original cat mate its just about original does it mean the cat is too hot or just knackered?

paz

From recollection IIRC it means the cat needs checking, so could be too hot or just knackered.

Having never had it go on mine I couldn't be certain, but I remember people mentioning it when I said I was having a goose fitted and a side effect sometimes was that light coming on.

Paz

J

JU5T1N

ahh cool a think it must be too hot cos a was going some when it came on so a stopped for a while and when a started up it didnt go so a took it easy for the rest of the journey al be getting a goose soon so if its knacked then its not too much of a big deal, cheers mate.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I thought this was the cat temperature sensor? If it's working properly it might be worth checking out why it's gettting so hot.

If it's something else in which way is the cat fooked? (just so we know)