Rear window removal

A

Anonymous

Hey,

Haven't been on the forum in ages since I mowed my car into a Skyline but I finally got it back on the road a while back only for some scum to break into it and nick a bunch of nice bits off the engine :cry:

Anyway, I need to replace the rear side window that they smashed to get in and I've got the glass and pulled the trim off and whatnot but I can't figure out how to undo the nuts that hold the window on :oops::roll:

I've looked at the manual and I know which ones they are but a socket wrench won't go in cos of the big spike sticking out (if you've seen it you'll know what I mean) and a spanner will never get a purchase so what tool do you use to get the nuts off?

Cheers
James

Jon Olds

Windows

Just removed all my glass for perspex. You need a deep 10mm socket to get nuts off. Something with about 30mm clearance.
Regards,
Jon

G

GAZ P

I,ve just taken my rear side windows out ready for when I respray my R.Used a very deep 10mm 3/8" drive socket & ratchet.

A

Anonymous

Sweet. Thanks for the help, guys.

I called the local parts store and they have a 10mm socket about 65mm deep so that should do the job :D

I never understand why every vehicle you buy always requires some tool that you don't have to do basic maintenance on it though :roll: