Quick Oil Hose Question

watoga

Hi everyone,
I have been meaning to replace the hoses in my engine bay which take the excess oil to the oil seperator and oil catch tank. However, do I need to replace the hoses with high temperature ones? It's just I saw nice clear, reinforced, oil-resistant hoses cheap online, but with their maximum operating temperature around 75 degrees I was wondering if I was looking at trouble if I installed them (ie - will they melt)? Also, can anyone confirm that the oil hose leading from the top of the rocker to the oil seperator is 20mm ID?

Thanks again guys!
Dave

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I wouldn't use them.. Oil temps can run much higher than 75deg

Rishi

watoga

OK, thanks Rishi! Are all the high-temp oil lines black in colour? Was keen on having some clear lines thats all.................... Does anyone know where to get some nicely coloured oil lines? (A couple of feet of flexible hose would be enough!)

Thanks again people!
Dave

youngsyp

watoga said:
OK, thanks Rishi! Are all the high-temp oil lines black in colour? Was keen on having some clear lines thats all.................... Does anyone know where to get some nicely coloured oil lines? (A couple of feet of flexible hose would be enough!)

Thanks again people!
Dave
Do you need these for actually carrying oil ? Or are they for the pipes running to the oil separator ?

If they're for the latter, some three ply silicon hose will suffice. You need 16mm I/D and you can get this from Samco etc...

watoga

No, the hoses I need are just for the pipes running to the oil separator (and also to my oil catch tank). They are the pipes running from the top of the rocker. I was hoping to be able to get some clear hoses that would do the job, but if not I can pick up some Samco ones.

16mm I/D............................ THANKS!!!

Dave