quaife close ratio box and quick shifts

geetee

not heard of any probs.

but likewise not heard of anyone running a QS with a Quaife specifically. Can't see it being a problem as all a QS is, is a shorter a stick - the gates are the same.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

mattygti-r

thought someone posted the other day about the gearboxes they repaired 3rd had been stripped, and was used with a quickshift?

:oops:

Dooie Pop Pop

thats what i thought you just shorten the distance traveled any extra strain will only be in how much effort it takes to move it. i try to be nice to my forks anyway shouldn' t matter how far my hand moves. cheers just wanted to hear it from someone else.
still the lower rpm drop makes up for the slower gear shift, it' ll be interesting to see what shortening the throw will do.

cheers, stu

Dooie Pop Pop

mattygti-r said:
thought someone posted the other day about the gearboxes they repaired 3rd had been stripped, and was used with a quickshift?

:oops:
i' ll ask mike tomorrow am totally pillow head man atm glad iv got an lcd monitor id have totally irradiated my brain by now.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mattygti-r

you dont have a standard box so im sure its all kool and the gang :lol:

mike will do a really good job of fitting that understand his the man :lol:

ashills

ive got a quickshift on mine and im putting the quaiffe box in at the minute the builder didnt see any problems with using it

Dooie Pop Pop

ashills said:
ive got a quickshift on mine and im putting the quaiffe box in at the minute the builder didnt see any problems with using it
neither did i mate, just some rumour munger( :roll: :wink: :lol: ) tryin to put me off getting one. like my comment from last night nothing mechanical changes really just the fulcrum point for the gear lever. like any H style selector if you treat it like a crash box you will wreck it :(

EDD have you got a qs?

E

Edd

ive got a b+m quickshift but it isnt fitted yet

i know pimp runs a quaiffe + b+m aswell

E

Edd

well he's never proved his car over 400, but yeh that one :wink: :twisted:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
How do these quick shifts actually work then...?

Does it in any way shorten the height if the gearstick itself...?

I have a Quaife Box and was looking to get the QuickShift from Mike (ex-gtir)

00sid

ive got a quickshift on a quaife box and i havent had any problems with it, yet anyways 8)

C

chris-b

what are the b@m qs's like on a standard box? does it dramaticly feel better or is it not really worth having?

youngsyp

They are well worth having. To change gear now, you only have to move the lever about 2 inches. Much more precise. Although, sometimes I have to move the lever in an unnatural fashion :shock: :oops: to get it into third. Like you would do to get it into fifth. I think this is me though as, it will go into third normally anyway :wink:
One thing I have found is that the standard gear knob feels best, for me. I have had the gear knob you get with the kit on there and a nismo touring car-ish one on it. But, the standard one feels best. Strange that !