Q45 & PFC

c20ona

Yes, yet another Apexi question, lol.

Wondering if anyone can help. First off, I'm fitting my Q45 today and on stripping back the wires on the Pulsar plug, i've noticed that there are two orange wires (why ????) and a white. On the Q45, there a little simpler (three separate colours). But, does anyone know which wire goes where ?.

And on the Apexi front, I'm also fitting a set of 700cc injectors (busy man) and was wondering if anyone knows how to set these puppies for std boost ? (using the commander). I've read posts via the search on both these topics and although helpfull, there was also a lot of contradiction via other posts, so unsure what i should really be doing.

Any info would be greatly appreciated guys. Also, just an idea but for the new look forum, could we possibly have a dedicated section for the PFC / Emanage etc as these appear to pop up numerous times on the forum..........mainly by me. :D

Thanks again

Kenny

ram5ay

Hey mate, got a pdf file with basic instructions for fitting a z32 maf showing different wires etc, not pulsar specific, but wires for an altima are shown as orange orange white, if thats any help I could email it to you?

c20ona

Hi Phin,

Thanks for checking this out for me. I hunted every bl00dy forum and not one person could figure out how it's done. Then i suddenly remembered my little bro's a dab hand at this stuff. Spoke to him and he had it wired and running in 5mins flat ! (and an Evo owner ironically too, lol).
So, here's how it's done if anyone is interested in fitting themselves -

Pulsar harness :

Orange - Hot Wire
Orange - Live
White - Earth

Q45 AFM :

Black - Earth
Red - Live
White - Hot Wire

Sorted. So all you then do it solder the basts up. (remember to change to the last maf option on the PFC if you've got one). Started the car and it's the best she's run ???. :D

However, i still need to sort the injector duty. Anyone any ideas ?. :cry:

Kenny

P.S - Thanks again Phin !. :wink:

c20ona

Really ?. That's weird. On my hunt for finding out which wire was what, they only ever mentoined that it had three wires. Is there more than one type of q45 maf you think ?. If so, why ?.

Kenny

J

jpward

all my searches produced 4 wires and all Z32 searches produced 3

you sure yours is of a Altima? I believe mines off a 3.5 V6

from the PN cross check

c20ona

jpward said:
all my searches produced 4 wires and all Z32 searches produced 3

you sure yours is of a Altima? I believe mines off a 3.5 V6

from the PN cross check
lol, hope so. I bought the entire kit incl cold feed and filter and it's marked as the Q45. I'll have a look the mora and post pics / part numbers so this can be confirmed. Got me thinking now. :?

Cheers

Kenny

P.S - Check this info from Major Sarcasm : http://bb.gtiroc.com/viewtopic.php?t=31937&highlight=q45
Also mentions 3 wires ?. I'll still post the part number regardless. Curious as to what I / you may have ?.

c20ona

Here's the pics of my maf + part numbers. Anyone confirm if i do infact have the Q45 badboy ?, or is it indeed off a 1.1 Punto, lol.

Kenny

J

jpward

Good news :D

You dont have a Z32 MAF and nor do I

Though i seam to have an Infiniti M30 maf :(

http://www.tomco-inc.com/Catalog/34mass%20air%20flow%20sensors.pdf#search='2268016v00'

Good job it was wired via the testing method :?