power windows >:(

• Thread starter Ninja_tune_factory
  • Start date
N

Ninja_tune_factory

hi everone

well i dont no wat the rest of you fink about the power windows on the R but i fink there s**t :evil: about 2 mounths a go i had a problem with the windows i put them down and they just wood not go back up :evil: :evil: (and on that day it was rained :evil: :evil:) in the end after about 1h f**kin aboutwith them i got the finks back up and sins then theys both worked but now they both dont work and sum times i get a funny sound from the door :? :?: (HAS ENEYONE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE WINDOWS :?: ) and has anyone got the drivers side controler a spair one il buy it of you (i went to nissan and they wont £100+ for it :( ) so if anyone can help i well happy coz i want my windos to open (+ i can get mc ds any more :( )

J

jasegould

The only prob ive had which i think is quite common is the rubbers that the window slide in get old and hard and the window jams in them...i usually give them a spray of WD40...but silicon spray is the best thing to use

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It might just be windows in general. My passenger side manual window is very stiff to get back up.

P

Pete

i have a problem with my windows 2 dude :evil: its all down 2 the rubber buy some spray grease and it will soften the rubber up and therefore make the window slide up the rubber better :lol:

N

Ninja_tune_factory

ok il try that wen i get i to work in the morrning
:D :D may my days of no opening windows be over :? hope so

N

NickB

Apparently all you have to do is buy some silicone spray for the rubbers and all will be okay. Spray it on the rubber, let it dry and your windows should be fine. Sorry can' remember the name of the stuff recomended but I will look tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

I've had this problem before too. Silicone spray worked for me but I thought there was also a fairly common problem with the drivers side switch (or am I wrong). Try a search as I'm sure it was covered before. Hope you get it sorted mate!

Dunc

N

Ninja_tune_factory

just got back from work and wen i was at work tryed the spray and they still dont work :evil: :? i fink i mite have to go to nissan and buy one only if sumone on the bord has got one srear (hope so )

A

Anonymous

Lionel,

Might have soon. I have 1 board that "may" be repairable. I have some others but they R packed away (I just moved house) and I cant find them.

I'll let you know what happens.

Si.

S

Sunny Nutter

Lionel,
you need to check if your window regulator is tightened properly, if this is loose it can move slightly forcing the window against one sidee and cause it to 'jam'
you need to remove the door card and operate the window and look for any movement in the bolts holding everything in place!

N

Ninja_tune_factory

iv had it off befor it all ok the window works BUT wen i put the ps window down its will go strat back up on its own :evil: :?: :? the ds window works fink now i fink its the swich. :evil: :(

J

jonnyboy

had the same problem with my driver's side window.
put it down 1 day and it stayed down, took it all apart .....all looked good,put it back together and still nothing.
left it alone for a day or 2 and it started working again!!
it was on and off like that for ages, was going to sorce a new switch but as the R's been away for 10 month's now i haven't had the chance.
also it seemed to stop more if it was wet (i.e....weather) :roll:

S

Ste-v-i-r

Had a slight problem with my drivers side. Apparently it is quite common. If u're quite handy then strip the unit down, check all connections are clean and make good contact + bit of WD40 keeps the water out.
Like the others say, use silicon spray on the runners and it takes away any strain on the motors when closing.
I do this as one of my 'monthly' jobs just to keep them sweet.

Steve.

O

Olly

Yeah i had that problem passenger window goes down but not up. but after spending £140 on genuine NISSAN (drivers switch box)switch I haven't l looked back :lol:

N

Ninja_tune_factory

£140 shit i hope someones got a second hand one :( :( :( :?: