Power FC Setup

Pete Watson

I guess some of you guys have had you car setup by Hiteq, i was suprised to find out that they do not have a Rolling Road. Ian told me that he sets the cars up on the Highway, what i don't understand is how can you set the car up on the Highway when you need to be doing some full power runs, i may be missing something here, but i thought you needed to monitor all aspects on the engine.

How can this be done and adjusted while driving?.

Cheers Pete

A

Anonymous

Pete Watson said:
I guess some of you guys have had you car setup by Hiteq, i was suprised to find out that they do not have a Rolling Road. Ian told me that he sets the cars up on the Highway, what i don't understand is how can you set the car up on the Highway when you need to be doing some full power runs, i may be missing something here, but i thought you needed to monitor all aspects on the engine.

How can this be done and adjusted while driving?.

Cheers Pete
if you do all your driving on a r/r,get it set up on a r/r :wink: :lol:

seriously though,there's no way that real driving conditions can be recreated on a r/r,imho.

there have been several horror stories of guys that have had a set up on a r/r only for the engine to grenade on the way home.

as someone who has experienced "on the road" mapping,they usually monitor the engine with a wideband lambda (sp) sensor and i also had a knock link as well.it turned out really,really smooth on power delivery and produced lots of power/torque from very low down in the rev range.

so long as your mapper knows what they are doing and has experience with the ecu software,there shouldn't be any problems.

if you are doing the driving,pick a road with long straight sections and no f ucking speed cameras :wink: :twisted:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I agree with Bruce... a R/R is trying to simulate actual road condition... what if the load is slightly off... you can say goodbye to your engine once its on the road... Its very difficult to simulate actaul road loads etc...

The best PowerFC mappers in the UK all map on the road...

Sam Elassar
Rod Bell
Andy Forrest
Ian Hill

Rishi

skiddusmarkus

I've had Ian drive my car with me in it.He certainly manages full power runs,even in the short distance we went :shock: .

I'm surprised so many mappers have their licence still.

chrisniss91

skiddusmarkus said:
I've had Ian drive my car with me in it.He certainly manages full power runs,even in the short distance we went :shock: .

I agree ian scared me to death he was flying around :lol:

L

LexDakarDatsun

skiddusmarkus said:

ian mentioned that the old bill had a quiet word with him lasttime that me mapped mine :oops:

pete,

I agree with the points made :D how can a RR with two or three fans recreate the effect of 90+mph airflow :wink:

cheers Lex