poss turbo problem

D

dick dastedly

ok the car is running fine with no smoke on tick over or off boost running but if you floor it it smokes alittle then a big puff of blue-white smoke as you lift off will this be turbo and how can i check as i dont want to have it re done if thats not the prob, done compresssion test and thats fine. also does the oil escape into the inlet side or is it just burnt on the exhaust side if you know what i mean or does it do both and can a standard turbo be built using roller bearing or am i best not having this one re built and buying a standard turbo new???:der:

boucherie

Feb 24, 2004
suffolk
it sounds like the seals on the turbo are starting to go as usually white smoke is turbo smoke and blue is oil. there is a pipe from the rocker cover to the inlet pipe on the stock 'black' pipes but most people swap this for a breather filter so that oil residue cant find its way into the inlet

i dont think you can roller bearing a stock t28 and if your after another turbo then let me know as my old t28 is now for sale and was running 1.2bar all day long with no play, smoke etc before i took it off