Please Help

N

NEIL R

Hey all

Anybody sean this before revearsed out of parking space got in to second gear and clutch pedal staid on floor and i only had second gear drove home wigan like this lots of a** holes up my a** :roll: .

When i got home i lifted the clutch pedal back to the top with my hand sat and pumped it for 10 mins and could get every gear as normal :D .

What do you think my problem is as when a clutch goes normally it goes goes all together. :?

J

J-GTi-R

Sounds more like a clutch fluid problem that the clutch itself. The master cylinder is a known weak-point and does go. Have a look under the dashboard near the clutch pedal and if the master cylinder is leaking you'll find the carpet and surrounding area wet with clutch fluid.

Also look at the clutch reservoir (plastic container at the back of the engine, to the left) as mine somehow emptied itself but my master cylinder was fine.

skiddusmarkus

Could you get the gears when driving though?You can select gears without the clutch when it's parked up.
Sounds like clutch master cylinder/clutch hose.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Not that it's any help, but I had it on a Ford transit at work, but that works on some sort of ratchet system I think. A good stamping on the pedal sorted that out. :wink:

N

NEIL R

Hey all

Thanks for the replys i checked all that i could fluid is full carnt find any leaks.

Took the car out today and all seam ok so funny noises and can get all gears and no clutch slip the only thing difrent is the clutch pedal feels stifer.