pistons???

gtir bob

This may sound thick but wanted to no how to tell if a piston is forged or not?? Me mate has had a garage clearout & came across some old pistons that he stripped out of a dead pulsar engine (was nocking)? After close inspection of the "standard pistons" found a wiseco stamp inside piston! but another friend of myn said it could be a standard piston as he said some skylines come with wiseco pistons so could be o/e pistons? So thought i would ask the experts! YOURSELVES!!!! Also will they sit straight into my block as herd they were themselves into a grove on the original block theyve come from so may not sit true on the block (obviously new rings needed), hope you can help as am one ov the newbys with a pooly r! :sick:

KF79GTIR

If they have 54c stamped on the top of the piston then they are standard. Welcome to the mad house fella enjoy.

Last edited:

gtir bob

Thanks for your reply mate just wandering if its worth upsetting the pistons that are in there as they are doing well at mo, have had nothink but trouble since becoming a r owner but have herd forging the pistons can make a big diffrence! + can i say fair play because your exactley right they have 540 or 54 c on top + a 3 on other side of crown! thanks again glad someone nows what ther talking about as nissan said uurrrmmmm dunno sorry mate which was a great help as you can inagine

EVOBAD

if the piston has wisco on then then there uprated if there 86mm then they will fit straight in,if ther 87mm then get the block bored to fit them,make sure u get pistons checked as they might be worn so no point using them,skyline will only have wisco pistons if like the pulsar they have been changed at some point