passenger electric window

N

nitrousdave

A while back now, i was driving down the road and thought it was a bit warm, so i turned my fan from 'auto' to '1'. Doing this also made my passenger window go down on its own and wouldn't go back up using either switch. I managed to get it back up, but every now and again if i leave the passenger window lock switch off, it goes down on its own and won't go back up until i remove the fuse, wait a while then replace it.

Any ideas? :?:

hmmm

my windows open easily enough but they take ages coming back up. still havent sorted it.

have u had any luck?

N

nitrousdave

Rumor has it that your problem is the switch. And no i haven't had any luck with it. As I said it doesn't do it all the time so its hard to find the problem :cry:

hmmm

do u think mine would still be the switch even though sometimes its slow and some times it almost stops ?

sorry about asking about my windows in your topic area

A

Anonymous

windows

it possilbly is the switch and being a aircraft spark i fixed my window switches myself they are still working fine if anyone has a problem PM me

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Re: ...

hmmm said:
my windows open easily enough but they take ages coming back up. still havent sorted it.

have u had any luck?
It's more likely the glass being abit tight in the runners. I have manual windows and the passenger side is stiff to go up but easy to go down. Try lubing the rubber seal where the glass runs in it. I did that and it eased it up for a while. The runners themselves may need abit of realigining.

O

one Gti-R

the windows not going up as quick might also be the motor. There isn't much strain on the motor the the windowis going down. The motor strains when pushing the window up if the motor is on the way out this is usually one of the first signs.

Also having the passenger window going down by itself all the time. I think you will find that it is shorting out somewhere. I found when taking my window control panel apart that there is actually a memory board that they use. Take it out and see if there are any black cloudy marks on it. If there is this could be the problem. It has blown. I found the reason I kept having troubles is when evre it rains I have my window down a little for the fresh air and the water drips inside the car and lands straight onto the window control panel.

Also if your going to take it all apart make sure you do it carefully over a white peice of paper as there are little pins under the actual switches they just slide in and are not fastened so if you open it up there is a good cahnce these will slip out if you lose them its a real pain in the A*S.