pants suspension top-mounts?

D

deslynam

Just incase someone on here has some advice but hasn't seen my thread on the other site...

I've got a pair of Cusco top-mounts for the front suspension, but my mechanics have said i'll need to have them 'machined' in order to get them to fit onto the Teins and/or in place on the car. Basically it's a no-go as it stands now.
Has anyone else had to do this, and if so what actually needs changing?

At first they said they could do it, but have since said they won't be able to, something to do with the bearing itself I think.

Any suggestions?

If you've got any Tein ones I might be interested in buying them at this rate! :lol:

OZ-Racing

They go on to standard struts with no problem and I think Odin put them on his Gab struts without a glitch.

What exactly is the problem?

D

deslynam

So apparently they'll need some kind of spacer/top-hat to sit between the base of the cusco mount and the top of my Teins. Essentially the strup top won't fit on the bottom of the rose joint bit as it has too wide an outer diameter.
The guys at the garage wondered if they could be a universal-type mount?
Bit narked to say the least, wondering if they should've come with something extra...

Animaldaz

Ive a pair of these that i havent fitted yet, they came with a tapered spacer that sits between the mount and the strut.I bought them to fit on my standard struts, they were second hand.

D

deslynam

bastid, that'll be the bit!
And then there's a big hex-bolt type thingy for the topside, yeah?

I'll try and put up a photo of what I've got - what's the chance of you putting a couple of pics up for me?

youngsyp

This is a bit late but, you should have the 'top hat' spacer with the kit. Mine fitted fine with the OE dampers and lowering springs !

D

deslynam

no probs, you're right that basically they've been sold to me without that spacer - 2nd hand sometimes isn't worth the effort it would seem!
Cusco's UK distributor never bothered replying to my email either. helpful!

youngsyp

deslynam said:
no probs, you're right that basically they've been sold to me without that spacer - 2nd hand sometimes isn't worth the effort it would seem!
Cusco's UK distributor never bothered replying to my email either. helpful!
I'll have a full set for sale soon, as I'm going the coilover route. I think they were around £115 new so, I only want something like £75 for them.

Alternatively, If they don't sell quickly and you can get some one to machine a couple off, I could lend you the cone to copy ?!

D

deslynam

possibly interested, although that's quite a lot more than the last set that were sold on ebay about a month ago and they were brand new! :cry: