Nology spark plug leads

youngsyp

They are basic leads with the earthing done by separate earth straps that you will have to attach to some bare metal on the head somewhere. I think they are popular with the Honda boys in the States.

I don't think I would waste my money as the standard leads are reputed to do such a good job, aren't they ?!

As you don't see them around much, I think this could indicate how good they are as they have been around for years now !

Just my 2 peneth though :wink:

Cheers

Paul

A

antilag

If you're not using HotWires, you're not going as fast as you could be.

lmao straight off the shopping channel :D

i wonder if that spark setup is real :roll:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Yeah, I wondered about that setup to. Also the fact that they've been around for ever and nobody's got them.

Probably a pile of poooh!!!

youngsyp

I doubt the leads are lower resisitance by that great a degree so, how can they deliver a more powerful spark as in the illustration ? They don't have a step up transformer under that silicon, do they ?

The only other leads I would touch, other than the OE items, are Magnecor. But, that's only because of past experience.

Cheers

Paul

J

J-GTi-R

I can't find the web-site, but these have been independantly tested and offer little or no improvement over good quality standard leads (which the Nissan items are). Don't waste your money...

D

Dee 1

If you look at the HOW IT WORKS the earth points are different :? Maybe that would make a difference :?:

A

antilag

ps dnt look directly into the spark in the pic u will get ark eye lol

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I saw these tested when they first came out and they made a noticeable difference in power..........on inefficient american V8 engines. Not so sure how they'd fair on a better desinged engine.
The idea (I think) was that the spark discharged a lot faster than normal, so producing a much stronger spark than normal but for a shorter duration. They (Fast Car mag, when it was technical) even showed a glass chamber rigged up to show the spark quite happily jump a 6inch air gap.
They were £200 :shock: a set at that time, which I wouldn't pay. I don't know how much they are now tho.