No Spark AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

G

GTiRich

Hi guys i need some help :roll: I just had my engine rebuilt and put back together. The internals have all been steam cleaned, head had been skimmed, new pistons, gaskets, etc (not uprated :cry: ) Basically then engine was put back in this morning but we cant get it to start. It ticks over when the ignition key is turned but theres no spark!!!! The dizzy cap is fine and theres new leads and plugs, we just cant figure it out. Any help will be AWESOME!!!!!!!

MarkTurbo

Double check all the wiring connectors :wink:

Have you had 1 of the plugs out and held it against the head while cranking the engine to check for a spark :?:

G

GTiRich

Yup the wirings all been checked. The plugs out while we are checking for a spark. Is really frustrating :!: Gonna get in the electrician if we cant figure it out

P

Pulsar666

Mine had the same sort of problem found to be a ignition/ignitor pack located on the side of the head (passenger side)

I

Innovate Performance

Are you geting a spark from the coil to the distributor. Pull the coil lead of the distributor and check for spark. WARNING hold the lead with something plastic or get a mate to do it can be a shocking experiance.!!

If not check the feed to the coil, if you have a feed then it may be the coil.

G

GTiRich

I had a feeling it could be the coil. I bought a new aldon automotive flamethrower coil but it doesnt fit the R :x so thats the only part that hasbt been changed. Nissan want about £60 for a new one :shock: anybody know where to get one cheaper??thanks guys

Uncle Winnet

hope you have not done what mr gtir did when he did his he put the reves plug on to the coil and the coil on the reves check that

if not ive got a spare one here some where

john