No boost

N

nelly R

Took the R out for a run earlier and everything was fine i was out for about 2 hours and then i get no boost at all :shock: its running standard boost and usually holds boost well any ideas :?:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Does it feel like there's no boost or is it just reading no boost?

First thing to do would be to check all your boost hoses under the bonnet are connected as it isn't uncommon for them to come off.
Then check your wastegate is working and not stuck open (not so easy due to the location)
Check your manifold and turbo nuts and bolts are tight ie the turbo isn't falling off.
Hope your turbo isn't terminally ill :cry:

N

nelly R

Ive checked all hoses and the manifold. It feels like there is no boost and is reading 0 on both gauges and no noise at all. I think its down to the wastegate or the turbo :x

J

jiw

might be a sticky actuator, try tapping it lightly, it might free off, sounds like it might need replacing, unless the link bar has snapped/came off, jeff

N

nelly R

Will check the turbo and actuator tomorrow. I hope its just the actuator :wink:

A

antilag

c clips gone and the actuater rods poped off i bet ya just poke a screw driver in there on the rod and i bet the rod moves :wink:

N

nelly R

Will check that when i get home from work tomorrow. Thanks for the info people :D

N

nelly R

Job done :D The actuator rod popped off. It was a pain in the @ss to get back on but at least it did'nt need any parts :wink:

antgtir

antilag said:
c clips gone and the actuater rods poped off i bet ya just poke a screw driver in there on the rod and i bet the rod moves :wink:
Fountain of knowledge, quality stuff :D

geetee

How did you get the clip on without taking the tubby off :shock:

Same happened to me and I ended up having to pull it out.... I must have fat fingers or summat :(

CHeers
GeeTee 8)

N

nelly R

I lowered the clip down through the manifold with a magnet then i held it on there with my finger and then put a skrew driver down through and clipped it on :D It took me about 730000 goes to get it on :x

geetee

Yeh, I lost about 20 little clips trying it that way and got soo pi55ed off I decided to pull it too bits instead.

Bad move, 2 snapped manifold studs and "that" impossible recessed exhaust mani nut later.... and a fairly expensive set of gaskets (well I had to pull the turbo apart whilst it was off didn't I :) )

If I ever meet the designer of this car....

:evil:

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

N

nelly R

I had a few goes at it and then i was going to pull it all off and the first nut on the manifold i tryed was going to snap so i had to keep trying the hard way :twisted:

geetee

I always always lose my patience with fiddly sh1te like that and end up launching a hammer across the drive or something.

I find it so annoying that something so tucked away is held on with a sh1tey little clip that's bound to fail at some point. I've modified mine now :) Cut a thread on the end of the pin thing and used a self locking nut and thread lock. Thought about drilling a hole through and wiring the barstad too but didn't have a drill small enough.

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
geetee said:
Thought about drilling a hole through and wiring the barstad too but didn't have a drill small enough.

GeeTee 8)
That's exactly what I did on my last car, but it came with the hole already there, so I just put some locking wire through it and tied it up, to hold the rod in place. :)

N

nelly R

If it happens again i'm gonna take it off and drill a hole through it :D