Nismo solid engine mount owners read.....

E

Edd

On my old R i had the nismo solid mounts and where there is a bracket on the front pipe that bolts to the car about halfway down frontpipe, they no longer lined up and being so solid the pipe wouldnt move so just didn't bolt it up.

When fitting the new one my mate heated up the bracket, hammered it across and kindly stuck a bolt in it for me to give some more support.

I then had a f*cking horrible rattle on left hand turns (didnt notice it after the bolt as had only driven 1 mile in the R before getting this done) also there was just constant vibration in the car (more excessive than usual nismo mount solid)

Anyway to cut long story short, as some of you know my actuator bracket bolts fell out, when i took the turbo off every bolt on the compressor was loose, finger tight :shock: :shock:

And i thought i wouldnt put this bolt back in and see if it made any diffference, well the bad vibration on left hand bends has gone and the vibrations in general, especially when pulling away have gone and has transofrmed the car.

So i'm wondering if this one f*cking bolt caused everything to be just that little too stiff and vibrated the turbo bolts loose

either way the car made some horrible banging with this bolt in so think i'll leave it out :wink:

T

Toady

i take it your talking about the bolt that goes through the downpipe with the flex bend in it, and into a mount just under the engine/box? if so you will have to put it in or you will have too much movement on the front pipe which will pivot on the turbo joint and starts to work the turbo-manifold joint loose=a blowing turbo-mainfold gasket, which means youll have to take the tub/manifold etc off again to replace the gasket which will have been burnt out! :shock: thats what the flex pipe in the front pipe is for, so the front of the exhaust can move with the engine and not on its joints.

Also in rellation to the vibration, its probably the centre box/pipe hitting the center exhaust mount when going round corners. Mine did this too, so i put it on my ramp and fit a rubber grommet between the mount and the zorst=job done! good luck mate! 8)

A

antilag

i have one thing to say

goodbye tubular manifold lol :shock:

lol wen u fit it u can send it to me each week and i'll weld it for u edd cos with out that support u will break it

A

antilag

and wen u launch it will all push back then stop reverting all the presure to the weakest point at the front and thats wen the manifold will start to crack

E

Edd

When i have a tubular manifold i will fit it, but with the std front pipe and the nismo mounts it is a fooking pain :wink:

tell you what i won't bother helping any of you ungrateful w@nkers in the future with my experiences :evil:

T

Toady

Edd said:
When i have a tubular manifold i will fit it, but with the std front pipe and the nismo mounts it is a fooking pain :wink:

tell you what i won't bother helping any of you ungrateful w@nkers in the future with my experiences :evil:
take a chill pill mate, no-ones digging at ya, just letting you know about R experiences! :roll:

ps. i just assumed that you had a tubular manifold goin on due to the other post! :!:

E

Edd

yeh i know it wasn't a dig at you, you know what it's like try to help people and you seem to get it thrown back in your face :roll:

I ran my old car for 5 months with nismo mounts and didnt have that bolt in and had no turbo/manifold problems whatsoever.

With that one bolt it i think it stressed it too much and caused those compressor bolts to work loose, not to mention the awful knocking noise round left hand bends :cry:

Will def support it with 3037 and if it vibrates will just have to live with it :shock:

T

Toady

mmmm.....the vibrations i felt were in the middle of the tunnel near the gear stick. is that where yours vibrates? if so id say its deffo the bracket for the ceter box section, just do what i did and fit something rubber in there to stop it knocking! :wink:
peace! 8)

GTIR-LOZ

i havnt got the bolt in either due to it being snapped off in the self locking nut, its been like that from the day i bought it 3 years ago and i have had no problems with the manifold at all

MarkTurbo

Thats what that little bracket is for on my mongoose front pipe then :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always thought that there must be a support bracket there but i've never had one on my car since i bought it so i didnt worry about it :roll: I've never had any problems with anything vibrating loose either :wink:

ashills

oh well ive only been running mine for 7 months with no front flex support
dont worry edd mines been fine upto now
and just dont bother with that manaifold and ull have no problems

E

Edd

See Toady i'm not the only one who doesnt fit it :p :lol: :wink: :twisted:

and allen i'm using that manifold :wink: