need help with power fc

M

mazsco

i thought u cud only get 1 power fc,whats the difference with the pro and do they still sell them,how much difference is there in cost

D

Dee 1

The Power FC Pro is for drag use and has Launch controll and also Antilag..
Think i paid £700 with the controller...

I

Innovate Performance

Hi all,

The Power FC Pro has Launch control and a different type of fuel cut to the normal one, But i can 100% say it does not have antilag.

Below is the dicription for it:
Power FC Pro Spec.CPU (for DRAG)

Only available for some car models, the Power FC Pro Spec.CPU has been designed for drag racing use. These units have two additional functions over the regular units:

1. Ignition cut used for rpm limiter - Regular Power FCs cut fuel feed when the preset revolution limit is reached. At high rpm, there is the possibility of knocking when the fuel is cut in high powered cars. The Power FC Pro Spec.CPUs cut ignition at the rpm limit to prevent the knocking that could potentially destroy the engine.
2. 0km/h rpm limiter setting - Allows for the setting for an initial rpm limiter that is active whilst the car is not in motion. This allows for mainting a rpm level for consistent launches.

Hope this helps you.

GINGA

The power fc has launch control which is a type of antilag and works very well 8) if you fitted a clutch activated speed signal cut you could also use it for full throttle gear change etc aswell :wink:
The fc datalogit that you can buy to allow you to tune the pfc with a laptop has a antilag feature built into it though I'm not sure it this is a true antilag or not :?

I

Innovate Performance

It is not a ture type of antilag but it will produce boost, real antilag allows you to set your boost level to what you want so you can have it holding 2 bar on take off and on gear change. or just .5 bar is down to how it is programmed.

There are 2 different types of antilag that i know of i will explain them later if you want.

Mr GTiR

Ok the question i have is, for what the Pro cost extra over a regular Power FC, is it worth the extra d'oh??

I

Innovate Performance

Mr GTiR said:
Ok the question i have is, for what the Pro cost extra over a regular Power FC, is it worth the extra d'oh??
That is personal choice and it also depends where u buy it from. But it is quite a big difference in price for only realey 2 extra thing.

Will do the antilag thing tomorrow some time. If thats OK krikra, as it is a bit late and i am havein trouble typing and probley spellin. :oops:

I

Innovate Performance

This is how the 2 types of antilag work on the Haltech E11v2.

Type 1 Rally mode:

The tradiitional use is for rally driving to keep the boost between gear changes and the throttle off condictions. When the throttle is closed, the antilag become active and additional fuel is injected and the ignition retarded. This ensures the expanding hot gasses leave the exhaust to keep the turbine spinning. when the antilag is activted it also opens a soleniod which allows additional air into the exhaust to assist the the burning charge in the ehaust between the exhaust and the turbine.

Type 2 Launch mode:

To aid turbo vehicles to "launch" from a standing start, The antilag feture can be used to build boost on a free reving engine when in neutral. This is done be a combination of an enriched fuel mixture and and retarding the ignition timing to keep the engine at safe running speeds for wide throttle opening which is required to build boost.

This is why the Power FC Pro spec has a little antilag effect when the launch control is used.

hope this makes some sense to some of you.

Mr GTiR

Innovate Performance said:
This is why the Power FC Pro spec has a little antilag effect when the launch control is used.
me thinks i'm getting the Pro now, thanks for the info IP 8)

I

Innovate Performance

Mr GTiR said:
Innovate Performance said:
me thinks i'm getting the Pro now, thanks for the info IP 8)
The antilag effect will not be any thing like wot can be cerated with proper antilag. The reasons it makes boost is due to the wide open throttle and the rev limit. But the pro version is worth have if you are going to the strip.

Just put this so you would not be disapointed incase you expected loads of boost.

R

robinsongtir

what does yours make GINGA at what Rpm?
Mark Evans car makes 1.6bar :shock: with launch controller set to 6000rpm