My 400bhp R for sale :-(

M

markwashington

It is with much regret that I've got to sell my R. I was made redundant at the end of April and I haven't been able to find another job that pays well enough for me to run two cars. Needless to say I'm gutted and this is a very reluctant sale, but needs must so here goes.

1993 Nissan Pulsar GTiR. Imported in October 2001 by Dicksons of Dumblaine for the previous owner who worked for them. I have the initial purchase receipt for £6250.

MOT until April 23 2012, Tax expires at the end of the month.
It has 116,476 miles on the clock although up to 85,000 was in KM.

The car was then sent down to Norris Designs in 2002 where it underwent the Norris Designs 350bhp rebuild. The car ran with this set up until 2004 when the previous owner bought a larger turbo and Z32 from Norris designs, which were fitted and the car was mapped at 380bhp by Dastek in 2004. The car was then run on this set up until the previous owner started a family and the car was barely used until 2009 when it came into my possession. Since then I have lavished both time and money on the car to make sure that it is as mechanically sound as possible. The full spec now stands as so:

Engine:

Norris Designs Fully forged engine build (ND42)
Norris Designs Roller bearing hyper turbo (version 1) this is the equivalent to a GT2835 and should be good for up to 450bhp, according to Norris!
HKS 2mm Head gasket.
Norris Designs stage 2 FMIC.
ND Group A fuel pump.
Greddy B Spec boost controller.
HKS paddle clutch, rated to 400 ftlbs.
Sard 700cc injectors.
Z32 MAF.
ND top mounted oil cooler.
Uprated copper radiator (thicker core than standard).
Hi Spec Billett four pot front callipers and 310mm discs.
Virtually brand new rear discs and pads.
BC racing coilovers.
Ported standard exhaust manifold.
HKS Dump valve.
Full 3 inch Janspeed exhaust system including silenced decat from turbo back.
Virtually brand new alternator.
Battery relocated to boot.
Mines front upper strut brace.
Massive air filter, I'm not sure of the make as the previous owner said it was there when imported.
Nistune ECU mapped by Fusion Motorsport (Ed).
Standard but super smooth gearbox.
Fog light in rear cluster.

Cosmetics:

Front bumper cut and meshed for FMIC.
Momo race steering wheel.
Momo race gear knob.
League Tantrum 16inch wheels (painted white by me).
Brand new (like less than 100 miles) Toyo Proxes all round.
Cobra Daytona driver and passenger bucket seats.
Sabelt race harnesses.

Misc:

Meta Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser.
JVC Head Unit and Infinity 6x9's in parcel shelf.

Performance:

400.5 Bhp and 380 ftlbs torque at 1.5 bar.

I have the dyno graph to prove this so it's not some dodgy estimate based on how the car feels or what someone's mate's brother's dog has told me.

I have spent a considerable amount of money over the past 1.5 years getting the car to exactly the spec I wanted and it's currently running absolutely spot on. It never misses a beat, starts first time and isn't too loud. There is no play in the turbo shaft, never any smoke and the car pulls like an absolute train from around 3500 - 4000 rpm. The body work is on the whole pretty good, the front arches are good and the paintwork polishes up a treat. The electrics pretty much work as they should, but more of that below.

Bad points: (see pics)

There is some rust on the rear arches, it isn't too bad but it's there and was going to be my next job, but funds ran out. They haven't got any worse since I've owner the car.
The fan only works on full. It's annoying but nothing more.
The driver's window is a little sticky, again I haven't been bothered to sort it out.
There is a large hole in the centre of the rear bumper that the old exhaust used to come out of.
There is rust on both drivers and passenger's doors, it hasn't come through the paintwork.
The front bumper is scuffed where I hit a magpie.
The bonnet is stone chipped.
The drivers door card is a bit dirty and the cloth is coming away from the armrest.
The hand brake cable is a bit loose.

I've been as honest as possible about the downsides of the car, I never planned to sell and as such wanted it to be sorted mechanically before I tackled the bodywork and niggly stuff.

Spare Stuff:

I have a spare driver's and passenger's door which are in great condition.
I have a spare bonnet which is also very clean.
Front and Rear Whiteline ARB's one is almost new, and the other is a bit dirty, they come with castor mods as well.
HPI stainless steel exhaust manifold, this is a quality item, not Ebay crap.

Service:

The car has recently had brand new gaskets throughout the whole exhaust system from head back. It had an oil change about three weeks ago

I'm sure there is some stuff I've missed, but I'll amend the thread if so.

Here are some pics of the rust and bumper, for pics of it looking nice please go to my thread in the member's cars section.

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?58329-My-new(ish)-R

I'm after £4K. No offers and I don't want a part ex.

I think this a pretty good price considering the spec and the fact that this isn't your average R. If you want to contact me please call 07800565912 or email mark_d_washington@hotmail.com. I will do my best to answer any questions you might have, but please don't get too technical! The car is located near Brighton, but is well worth travelling for.

Mark.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
AH!

always wondered what happened to this car! I used to see it at Dicksons, I knew it had good power and had a stupid looking exhaust coming through the middle of the back bumper, it did spend some time at dastek.

hmm . . . . . . .

anyone want to buy my R?

M

markwashington

Weezb, if you're interested in someone elses R by all means email or pm them. If you're interested in my car email, pm or phone me, if not then don't post on my thread as I can't possibly comment on the mileage or price of someone elses car. Cheers.Mark

M

markwashington

AH!always wondered what happened to this car! I used to see it at Dicksons, I knew it had good power and had a stupid looking exhaust coming through the middle of the back bumper, it did spend some time at dastek.hmm . . . . . . . anyone want to buy my R?
I'm happy to buy your car, just as soon as I've sold mine, got ajob, pay rise and saved some money. Pm me.

weezb

Weezb, if you're interested in someone elses R by all means email or pm them. If you're interested in my car email, pm or phone me, if not then don't post on my thread as I can't possibly comment on the mileage or price of someone elses car. Cheers.Mark
I'm happy to buy your car, just as soon as I've sold mine, got ajob, pay rise and saved some money. Pm me.
Hi Mark,

My understanding was that fire & skill meant if he sold his car he'd be in a position to buy yours.

M

markwashington

Sorry guys, I wasn't feeling very well last night and wasn't thinking straight. It's all clear now.

M

markwashington

The car has now sold :cry:, I'm gutted, but needed the money. Owning an R has been an absolute blast and I'll be back as soon as I've got a better job and a bit more money.

M

markwashington

The first person who came to see it bought it mate, It's gone the way of quite a few recently and is making it's way to Europe. At least I won't need to worry about seeing it around :-D

Fire & skill

Vintage member
even worse :(

all the good ones seem to be heading out of the UK. Still you sold it pretty quick, pleased for you mate.