More suspension questions

olliecast

Been looking at my alignment sheet more and the castor is running ~1.5 deg one side and around zero the other.

The car has a whiteline anti lift / dive kit on it. looked at my previous wheel alignment and this shows the same aswell, more castor one side to the other.

Does it sound like my lower wishbone could be bent?

Cheers,
Ollie

olliecast

its both the fronts with the different castor.

I`ll put up my results later on when i`m home.

The tyres wore pretty evenly after i got it setup properly before.
I`ve been digging and might try the jim castor top mount mod to try and get them a bit nearer.

KF79GTIR

Olie those jic coilovers you had did you send them back to the fella you bought them from or have you still got them? Kev.

KF79GTIR

Cool pm me your number i am in need of the good front strut if you are willing to sell it to me as one of mine is leaking.

olliecast

yeah no prob mate. it was squelching although it didn`t seem to leak, and was the only out the four which had any type of dampening.

Last edited:

olliecast

i`m home now matey,
anyways, back on topic:

here the previous suspension setup (whiteline springs and shocks)

here`s the new one after last weeks alignment with my teins and adjustable top mounts:

They`ve told me to go back with it as its feeling like i`m driving on ice. With the old setup it felt alot more planted.
Could it be the negative camber on the front and back is making that much difference?

cheers ollie

NME_RR

Wow ok, for a start, if you change from make to make your very likely to experience issues, did you build them correctly small differences are easy to miss.

What are your tyres like? are the worn to your old shocks/geometry, this isnt going to be the case but.. in reality you just need it setting up properly?

olliecast

its supposed to have been set up properly mate and in the last post. I built them but disturbed th camber bolts. The guy said i`d managed to get the rears with the same camber so he left them!
the front he adjusted to how they are up top.

The main thing i wanted an opinion on is do you think the camber and or caster could make it feels a bit icey / light on the steering?

KF79GTIR

The main thing i wanted an opinion on is do you think the camber and or caster could make it feels a bit icey / light on the steering?
yes mate i had mine set up running negitive camber had it adjusted last week and it has now destroyed my front tyres and feels like i am on ice it darts and dives over every bump and dip in the road it feels almost uncontrolable sometimes

olliecast

yes mate i had mine set up running negitive camber had it adjusted last week and it has now destroyed my front tyres and feels like i am on ice it darts and dives over every bump and dip in the road it feels almost uncontrolable sometimes
thats good news then to be honest. so you agree that (as said on alot of jims posts) that the negative does definate help it loose the tracking feeling?

at what part of your tires were they being destroyed?

KF79GTIR

Insides mate they were slightly worn before i had it adjusted but now the insides are worn to the wires and the rest of the tyre is like its peeling off.

olliecast

so your going back then mate to get the negative put back on?

if the rest of the tire is out are you sure the toe isn`t out?

davey, no probs about the sheet mate

KF79GTIR

No i am breaking my car in the next couple of weeks i have had enough of it i will call you tommorow regaurding that shock.

NME_RR

KF79, you were either running serious Frnt camber or your toe was miles out..

Ollie your tyres tell you every tale about how you car is driving, or being driven.

Running positive camber will help somewhat going round corners, but driving straight and breaking will be affected more!

Dialing out any camber will not make it disappear, from what you described it possibly sounds like your rear and fronts need the toe sorting,

But on another serious note is it possible you have a bush or something on its way out as well?